good derelict places for car photos

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbarthDan

Reaction score
Hi All.
Am based in Hertfordshire, am look for old warehouses, military, anything that would look awesome to put a car and get a photo with great backdrops.
access is key, we are very much drive in, quick photo and get the hell out.

Any good suggestions?

Really you came on here to ask that. Fiat driver from the name. Try looking in your car mag for inspiration most places son here don't tend to lend themselves to that. Best bet is look on Google maps, street view and then zoom in on satellite

It is a question asked a fair bit tbh. Not easy to answer, most places are hard enough to get in let alone getting a car in.

I did quick visit to beech cave staff the other week, I recon u could get a car in there & would make cool pics, not sure u would get out again!

few of the military bases out norfolk u can pretty much drive on to too but thats about all Iv come across in my years of exploring.

Hi All.
Am based in Hertfordshire, am look for old warehouses, military, anything that would look awesome to put a car and get a photo with great backdrops.
access is key, we are very much drive in, quick photo and get the hell out.

Any good suggestions?
RAF Upwood still has access to some of the buildings.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Car enthusiast forums will get you better answers. Most places urbexers want to get into and report on I can't fit my own arse through the gap. Let alone a damn car. Have to assume poster has typed "derelict buildings" into Google and asked the question on first few forums that came up? I doubt they've looked at the typical threads posted on here before asking. Just think of the nearest dump town near you and go drive around it. There will be an abandoned petrol station or something.

Hi there,

If you're looking for old warehouses or military locations in Hertfordshire for your car photoshoot, here are a few suggestions:

1. Bovingdon Airfield - This former World War II airfield located in Hemel Hempstead offers a great backdrop for car photography.
  2. Mill Green Museum - This 18th-century working watermill in Hatfield also features a restored 17th-century farmhouse and several outbuildings that could provide interesting backgrounds for your photos.
  3. Knebworth House - This historic house and park in Knebworth has hosted several car shows and has a variety of settings that could make for great backdrops.

Thanks may be useful info to someone but generally not what people on here are looking for.
That said there has been a few requests over the years for genuinely derelict places for car shoots, unfortunately there arnt many about. Most decent places are hard enough to get in without a car lol

Latest posts

Back