Harpurhey Baths - September 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricmonkey

Reaction score
I had been meaning to go here for some time, and was spurred into action when the council newsletter proclaimed its imminent partial redevelopment/partial demolition for the expansion of the college next door. This one won't be here much longer. Visited with R1.

DSC_0107-DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Main pool

DSC_0104.jpg

Second class male pool

DSC_0006-DSC0010_HDR.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

On 26/09/08, surveyors had been in as recently as 24/09/08

DSC_0087-DSC_0102_0640x0136.jpg

180 degree pano of main pool

DSC_0025-DSC_0042_0311x0640.jpg

160 degree pano of second class male pool

Nice pics, still looks in top condition, like the glazed tiles.

The boat window is great.

Shame its been marked for removal.

Last edited:
They are going to demo pool 2 (the part nearest the college/uni ?? library) and keep pool one (left hand side from the street) I think the pool will be an exhibition space.... thou I could be wrong.

That is a really nice collection. Great variety of interesting, crisp photo's. I am impressed.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

They are going to demo pool 2 (the part nearest the college/uni ?? library) and keep pool one (left hand side from the street) I think the pool will be an exhibition space.... thou I could be wrong.
I got a council newsletter through the door saying pretty much that. From memory, the main pool will become an exhibition space, conference room and meeting area. It's not entirely clear to me what will be saved though.

The college itself is already built on the grounds to the Baths.

Shame they couldn't find another way to use the space:confused:

Thanks for your comments everyone.

I got a council newsletter through the door saying pretty much that. From memory, the main pool will become an exhibition space, conference room and meeting area. It's not entirely clear to me what will be saved though.

The college itself is already built on the grounds to the Baths.

I briefly read the application cable tied to the fence .... I was pretty sure that was the case, but now I am getting old and doddery ...... ;)

What a fantastic place, glad that you managed to get some pix before it goes. And you just know that all those lovely tiles are going to end up smashed to bits in a skip :icon_evil

And you just know that all those lovely tiles are going to end up smashed to bits in a skip :icon_evil
To be honest, you're extremely unlikely to remove them from the wall without breaking them, so they're goners regardless of what happens. I agree they're lovely though, they were a main attraction in going.

Damn that's such a good looking place!Its surprising really the chavs havn't got to it given what abad reputation Manchester has.

Gorge

This place looks gorgeous...you are soo lucky to have recorded it.
regards from Stu

Latest posts

Back