Quantcast

Has the forum gone public?

Help Support Derelict Places:

ac427

Reaction score
I'm just wondering because in the last few days i receive a'Yesterday's forum activity' via email. I've never received them in several years previous.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "Yesterday's Forum Activity" only goes to members of the forum. If you wish to not receive it you may use the Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.

odeon master

Reaction score
whats happend to my profile pic, its a blurred blob?
its ment to be an Odeon cinema sign

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
whats happend to my profile pic, its a blurred blob?
its ment to be an Odeon cinema sign

It was brought over from the old site. The images here can be larger for the avatar. Click on your name in the top right side and then Account Details. Click on that and upload that image again to make it look better.

Also, at the top of the page is an easy link to a thread on how to use this new software. That's there to help you understand how easy this software is to use. Especially for this forum. The images are much easier to add. You just upload them directly to the post you are making.

Please read the thread on how - to use the software, and I keep checking in to help you and others work with this new software.

Eeyore

Reaction score
Something has definitely changed. I didn’t receive Forum posts previously but now do so and didn’t make the setting myself.

PTB.

Reaction score
I'd forgotten I was even on this forum so I was a bit surprised when I started getting the emails, but that's great I can now look at all the fab stuff on here again.

odeon master

Reaction score
It was brought over from the old site. The images here can be larger for the avatar. Click on your name in the top right side and then Account Details. Click on that and upload that image again to make it look better.

Also, at the top of the page is an easy link to a thread on how to use this new software. That's there to help you understand how easy this software is to use. Especially for this forum. The images are much easier to add. You just upload them directly to the post you are making.

Please read the thread on how - to use the software, and I keep checking in to help you and others work with this new software.
hi, ive manged to replace the original photo on my avatar, but its zoomed right in close, why is this? the actual photo shows the whole sign . When you say the old pic was bought in off the old site, is this now a totally new venture not the old one at all? Can the bright white background be changed to something more easy on the eye as its too garish

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@odeon master what color do you suggest? And do any others agree with him?

The new "Yesterday's Forum Activity" email can be unsubscribed at the bottom of the email if you do not wish to receive it. Once cancelled it is not easy to bring back, if it can be brought back with that email address.

Also, https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/account/preferences Is the link to your preferences so you can set what features email you when an alert happens.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who has a Flickr account and can put a link to a photo in a post in this thread? I need to experiment with something. Please.

LadyFidget

Reaction score
Who has a Flickr account and can put a link to a photo in a post in this thread? I need to experiment with something. Please.

I would but I dont have anything good in there anymore!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would but I dont have anything good in there anymore!

Do you have just something that's okay for public view? If you do, will you put a link in your reply message. Just copy the link and paste it in the message box. No uploads, no icons, nothing - just the link posted in a message so I can see it.

Darklldo

Reaction score
What buildings are the oldest you have ever had here? This brings back my youth when, without my mother's knowledge I used to explore old things. My best was a huge gas storage tank near a railway line. I had to go under the railway line in a dank tunnel before coming out to the land on the other side with the tanks and tar pits you could sink in and catch tadpoles. Another time I managed to not break, but enter a deserted house (aged about 12) spent some time there before I heard a key in the lock and I was caught red footed in the hallway. I'd do it today if I could :D