Hawk Farmhouse - April 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Derp_Lane

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Another reminder of the simpler times:

Found on the same outing where I photographed the Hillgreen Farm ruins early in the morning. So later on, I was finally at the next area I was intending to be, I had 2 old places I explored in 2016 to revisit in this area, then end it with a promising derp potential many more miles away, which I failed to get to in the end so i'll try again soon. The trashed old cottages with the Cramer upright piano was still standing somehow, but unfortunately, the piano had since been knocked down on the ground, still had a bit of success improvising an atmospheric tune from it in E minor with the intact strings & memorizing which note was what. Afterwards, it was now a little revisit to an old cottage in the woods which had this lovely roofless decaying bathroom. Sure enough, that was still there too, at least I thought it was still explorable before I saw that the whole section of the wall was repaired & re-roofed in a very well done way. I felt there was more to this little cottage, so continued up the path looking for other promising wooded bits. After cycling for what felt like half an hour, I spotted this boarded up farmhouse from a distance. Off I went to take a look.

It didn't look very interesting at a first glance, it looked as if it would be another trashed old house that had been heavily modernized during the 1970s, that's if I could even get inside it. The grounds were overgrown with some of the thickest brambles. No sign of any recent visitors but had deffo been visited before. First side I managed to look around revealed an old forced entry point, which was heavily covered up by the brambles. A good natural deterrent, but within a matter of time, I was inside the house and I was pleased with the first impression inside. Another old unmodernized clay-lump farmhouse, only this time the building is all still there. Another type of place that i've missed seeing. Inside, it's dark, but dead quiet and has the usual old farmhouse musty scent. A reminder of the old cottages and farmhouses from the early days. Other than a calendar suggesting it was last lived in during 2011, there is no clear direct history of this house as nearly all the contents have been removed from it, minus the 1960s additions of electricity & running water. Simple, functional & probably had sentimental value as it was likely the previous owner lived here their whole life.

DSCF0050.JPG

DSCF0052.JPG

fcbfcfcbfcv.png

DSCF0055.JPG

DSCF0057.JPG

DSCF0059.JPG

DSCF0060.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0063.JPG
DSCF0064.JPG

Close up shot of the newspaper has not been shared due to location hints of where this house is, it dates from 2003.

DSCF0067.JPG

DSCF0068.JPG

DSCF0072.JPG

DSCF0073.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0081.JPG
DSCF0082.JPG
DSCF0084.JPG

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0085.JPG

I remember the first derelict house I ever went into had this little room above the stairs, it was probably my favourite part of the house on that first visit & it had a totally different feel to rest of the house. This place is now long gone, but I was more than surprised to see this very same isolated room & feel like I was back in that first house. A nice trip down memory lane.

DSCF0086.JPG

DSCF0087.JPG

DSCF0092.JPG

DSCF0094.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

DSCF0097.JPG

DSCF0099.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

DSCF0102.JPG

DSCF0104.JPG

DSCF0105.JPG

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0108.JPG

DSCF0109.JPG

DSCF0110.JPG

DSCF0111.JPG

Thanks for looking, will aim to post every Monday.

Great, love the shot of the window looking out onto weeds,

Would love to spend a few hours in such a place!!

Matt

Back