Hello from London!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2XploreUK

Reaction score
Hello all!

My wife and I started our derelict and abandoned building adventure a year ago and have so far managed to explore 4 sites (well the most recent one was part of an abandoned railway line that used to run from Croydon to Caterham and coulsdon via Selsdon).

It’s something that I’ve been interested in for a few years but didn’t really know what to do or how to do it? Lol. We spoke about it one day and decided that it would be fun to give it a try so I put my laptop and phone to the grind to see if I could find anywhere we could visit and after 3 failed attempts, 3 ACTUAL visits and the hidden little railway track I can say I’m still eager as ever to get out there and actually explore!

I’ll see if I can dredge up some of my pictures (would have them on Instagram, I think...assuming that’s ok to do?) and possibly put together my findings (after making sure the thread will follow the rules, of course!) as I don’t want to be somebody who contributes nothing, y’know?

Thanks again and happy hunting all!

Hello 2XploreUK :) I've just found you here, I must be slow nowadays as you posted some time ago. Never mind, better late than never. I would love to see photos of the abandoned railway line. I was very keen on railway lines when I was a kid and spent many a day exploring them, totally unaware of the danger of course. Even went into one of the tunnels and was caught short when a train approached. I had to find a workman's niche rather quickly. :(
If I could have my time over I would make sure I was born in the UK or Europe, as Australia is still a bit new when it comes to interesting derelict buildings.
Well, of course on top of that they keep taking them down and building roads over them.
Please look up your photos and start posting them here. :)

Hello all!

My wife and I started our derelict and abandoned building adventure a year ago and have so far managed to explore 4 sites (well the most recent one was part of an abandoned railway line that used to run from Croydon to Caterham and coulsdon via Selsdon).

It’s something that I’ve been interested in for a few years but didn’t really know what to do or how to do it? Lol. We spoke about it one day and decided that it would be fun to give it a try so I put my laptop and phone to the grind to see if I could find anywhere we could visit and after 3 failed attempts, 3 ACTUAL visits and the hidden little railway track I can say I’m still eager as ever to get out there and actually explore!

I’ll see if I can dredge up some of my pictures (would have them on Instagram, I think...assuming that’s ok to do?) and possibly put together my findings (after making sure the thread will follow the rules, of course!) as I don’t want to be somebody who contributes nothing, y’know?

Thanks again and happy hunting all!
Hello mate.

Better a late hello than none at all i suppose!

Ayup or as they say round here.... Ayup.

Well it seems we are all late to the party to reply.

Welcome

Latest posts

Back