Hello from Scotland!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reb

Reaction score
Hi there!
I've been exploring abandoned places for as long as I can remember (I'm 26 now) but unfortunately due to a variety of circumstances I've not managed for a couple of years now.
The main one being the death of my dad in March 2020, I've never been quite right since then. He was a member on here (RichardB) but it seems he hadn't posted in a long time. If anyone knew him and happened to have photos, me and my family would love to see them! We don't have many of him unfortunately.
I'd like to get out exploring more often this year, I've become a bit of a shut-in to be honest!
I enjoy photography so hopefully I'll have something to show you on here!

Welcome Reb, here's some pictures of your dad I have online down some coal and limestone mines. I'm afraid they're not the best shots. I'll need to have a look through my hard drive to see if I have any more:

Last edited:
Hi there, like Cuban I knew your Dad a wee bit, and visited quite a few locations with him (such as Cults) and also gave him the occasional book or bike wheel when I thought it would be useful or interesting. I'm notorious for just shooting photos of the buildings and not the people I'm with, but I'll have a look just in case I've got any shots of Richard. It's been a tough couple of years, hope you're all doing OK.

Hello! Im also Scotland! Where about you based? Im in Moray, Maybe we can meet up and explore some time 😁
I'm down in Fife, would definitely be up for a wee meet up once I've been paid from my new job next month so I can afford the diesel!

I'm down in Fife, would definitely be up for a wee meet up once I've been paid from my new job next month so I can afford the diesel!
Aww magic! We were planning to head down your way for an abandoned village we spyed 😁 would be awesome!

I've found that picture I was telling you about, Reb. It was when me, yourself, V70 (Gavin) and your dad went to have a look at a tunnel I remember little about, ten years back. Lost (Alex) might have been there as well. You'll see it in this recent report on 28: Report - - Lochaber Railway between Bridges 15 and 7, Feb 2022 (Pic Heavy) | Other Sites
That's one of the construction adits for the Lochaber hydro scheme, it leads to the pressure tunnel that feeds Fort William smelter from Loch Laggan.

The photograph titled "Remains of Bridge 13 over Allt Easain with some metal plates" in the Report - - Lochaber Railway between Bridges 15 and 7, Feb 2022 (Pic Heavy) | Other Sites shows what look to be sections of a water tank. The diagonal reinforcing with the indented square at its centre suggest it was made by the West Bromich firm of Braithwaite. Braithwaite dates back to 1884 under the name of Braithwaite and Kirk at Crown Bridge Works. ts tanks were used on railways and industrial installations in the UK and throughout the Empire. It is now part of Rowecord Holdings Ltd, and at one time "was engaged exclusively for a number of years on the manufacture of steel bridges, the majority of which was for export".

Latest posts

Back