Hello from Surrey!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Signed up recently but due to work commitments and a holiday it has taken me a while to do my first post so figured I would start by saying hello!

I absolutely love this site. I've been exploring since I was about 15 purely because I was fascinated by all of the creepy looking places near where I grew up back in Scotland and loved the thrill of being in places I'd been told to stay away from. It all started with Balintore Castle and I've been hooked ever since. Fast forward another 14 years and I meet an amazing girl who loves to explore and I discover there are websites like this and a whole friendly culture behind it. I had never once heard the term 'urbex' and figured I was alone with my weird obsession with abandoned buildings and exploring them! Now I have a partner for adventures and she introduced me to this website!

We just got back from a very long road trip to visit a few places in Scotland, so once I get my head around uploading pics I will have plenty to share.

Part of my job involves driving around the countryside delivering to pubs and I have found a few places that are not listed here, or elsewhere. So expect some new goodies from me soon! : )

Anyway, keep up the good work folks. I could spend all day looking at everyone's pictures!

Cheers!

Thank you! Yeah I feel a lot safer now having someone with me when I'm out and about haha! Always went on solo missions in the past and had a few bad encounters - had a terrifying experience of junkies chasing me out of a warehouse once! Didn't stop me going back a few weeks later though! ; )

You've got a great job, if you spot a likely explore you can stop and have a nose, plus you get PAID for doing it, Lucky Sod, Welcome to the nuthouse

Thanks guys! I'm hopefully getting a decent camera from one of my colleagues tomorrow. I'm not much of a photographer, explorer first and foremost. It's always been about the adrenaline for me! But after going through my pics from my road trip I have discovered that they look good on the iPhone which they were taken on, but are a bit blurry when viewed on the computer! :( So yeah, proper camera is required! My mate uses film religiously so hopefully I will be able to get some really good shots with the one he is giving me.

Fantastic intro, welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing your finds!:)

Thanks UrbanX - I'm a big fan of your website! : ) Just forked out for a decent camera today. Using film sounded like too much hassle and I didn't want to risk breaking my mates one!

Back