Hey, I'm from South Wales

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomRW032

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to find some good UrbEx areas around me, but not sure where the best place to go to find any is, so i'm trying here. I live in Penperlleni (near pontypool and abergavenny) and really want to get out walking more - especially with my camera, so I was wondering what's around and how do I find places. ☺️

I could say that is unfortunate for you but welcome along. I drive past Abergavenny when I drive to our caravan in Builth though the place does not look that close to where you live. Best thing is look at an OS map then check it out on Google earth and maps. There is bound to be something around where you are you just need to look

I could say that is unfortunate for you but welcome along. I drive past Abergavenny when I drive to our caravan in Builth though the place does not look that close to where you live. Best thing is look at an OS map then check it out on Google earth and maps. There is bound to be something around where you are you just need to look
I've checked on maps, but most places around me seem to be farms and I don't know if any are abandoned or not, I don't fancy walking onto someone's private land.

I've checked on maps, but most places around me seem to be farms and I don't know if any are abandoned or not, I don't fancy walking onto someone's private land.
The disused railway already mentioned by night crawler is likely to reveal something and there's a canal to the West of you which has a wharf a few miles North which is a possibility. The nearby reservoirs may also have some old works. You've got to put some time in and if you don't find much I'm sure you'll have an interesting walk.

The disused railway already mentioned by night crawler is likely to reveal something and there's a canal to the West of you which has a wharf a few miles North which is a possibility. The nearby reservoirs may also have some old works. You've got to put some time in and if you don't find much I'm sure you'll have an interesting walk.
yeah, Goytre Canal and Wharf is about a 10 minute walk from my house, i love going up there with my camera

Hey, I'm trying to find some good UrbEx areas around me, but not sure where the best place to go to find any is, so i'm trying here. I live in Penperlleni (near pontypool and abergavenny) and really want to get out walking more - especially with my camera, so I was wondering what's around and how do I find places. ☺️
Hi Bud, look on youtube for " colliding planets "
hes done some class finds down in SW. he also has a FB page ,you can mail him for places .
good luck

don't know if you still use this, but i'm on monkith and have w few local ish spots

Back