Hi everyone :)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.E.D

Reaction score

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ellie and I live in bristol.
I am a new member but I have actually been reading these forums for years now! I thought it was about time I joined, I'm not sure why I didn't before.

The first time that I can remember stumbling across this website was my first year of University, so... we're talking 2009. I've always been really interested in abandoned buildings and based a lot of my first year uni work on the experiences of women in mental asylums in the twentieth century (I did Fine Art at uni by the way)and also on the general aesthetic of peeling paint and decay and researched quite extensively into the history of Great Barr Hall as I'm from Birmingham and loved the lunar society connection, also into the history of Severalls because it's always intrigued me.

Anyway, this site has been bookmarked on my computer since then and I've come back once every few months to look at all the new posts and after what is now over six years I have joined! For the forseeable future I won't be posting any reports as I have never really properly explored anywhere so I hope everyone is ok with that, I hope to soon though.
Thanks, Ellie

Latest posts

Back