Hi From Australia :)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklldo

Reaction score
It's been ages since I visited here and it's been a long time since I've heard from you. I am delighted you fell into my emails this morning as I have just been reading about derelict places in a UK mystery story recently and was thinking of you all and what it must be like to be able to climb around old deserted buildings.
Yep, I'm 81 and way past being able to do what you do, but I can dream can't I? :)

It's been ages since I visited here and it's been a long time since I've heard from you. I am delighted you fell into my emails this morning as I have just been reading about derelict places in a UK mystery story recently and was thinking of you all and what it must be like to be able to climb around old deserted buildings.
Yep, I'm 81 and way past being able to do what you do, but I can dream can't I? :)
Hi Dark - A few years ago I found two of my boarding school schoolmates living in Taz. I looked up their addies and discovered they lived one street apart!! (HOW OFTEN DOES THAT HAPPEN!!) So far, yet so close!! All the way from Essex. And neither knew of the other until I introduced them via the internet.
I'm a couple of years younger than you and yes, we can dream!!!
I now live in Florida, USA, having lived most of my adult life in Massachusetts.

Hi Dark - A few years ago I found two of my boarding school schoolmates living in Taz. I looked up their addies and discovered they lived one street apart!! (HOW OFTEN DOES THAT HAPPEN!!) So far, yet so close!! All the way from Essex. And neither knew of the other until I introduced them via the internet.
I'm a couple of years younger than you and yes, we can dream!!!
I now live in Florida, USA, having lived most of my adult life in Massachusetts.
It's funny how that happens isn't it. All the world to choose from and they are a street apart. Extraordinary! Florida seems to be an interesting part of America, I have seen a lot of videos from there, particularly the wild life. :)

It's funny how that happens isn't it. All the world to choose from and they are a street apart. Extraordinary! Florida seems to be an interesting part of America, I have seen a lot of videos from there, particularly the wild life. :)
Yes, I am very lucky! I built my house 18 years ago, on 2-1/2 acres, densely wooded (left untouched apart from the 300 ft driveway and the required 20 ft perimeter around the house as a fire break. Over the years I have had many Florida black bears come to visit (and occasionally destroy); several species of wild cats, including a Florida panther, many deer, raccoons, rabbits and possum, not to mention the variety of birds, both local and migrant, large and small, that come to the feeders. This year I have a small flock of migrant birds that have decided to stay. Great fun!! My large deck is starting to show its age (as am I), and is on the verge of being derelict, my reasons for feeling that I belong here!!

Yes, I am very lucky! I built my house 18 years ago, on 2-1/2 acres, densely wooded (left untouched apart from the 300 ft driveway and the required 20 ft perimeter around the house as a fire break. Over the years I have had many Florida black bears come to visit (and occasionally destroy); several species of wild cats, including a Florida panther, many deer, raccoons, rabbits and possum, not to mention the variety of birds, both local and migrant, large and small, that come to the feeders. This year I have a small flock of migrant birds that have decided to stay. Great fun!! My large deck is starting to show its age (as am I), and is on the verge of being derelict, my reasons for feeling that I belong here!!
Hi again mctownsend :) Yes I have definitely got the derelict feeling. I don't suppose anyone will come and photograph me, and that's a blessing :D
Your grounds and critters sound almost magical. To have so many visiting or staying to keep you entertained by moving in and making it comfortable for themselves must be an on going joy. I love animals but even when I lived on acres there were not a lot of native animals around. I did get kangaroos and wallabies, quoll, possums and various birds, especially eagles, but you have an abundance there.
I think I agree with you, we both belong here, it's comfortable isn't it :)

Latest posts

Back