Hi from South Wales

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OcB86

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from South Wales and I am a digital explorer. I am not a good photographer and I don't have the time to explore locations but I can spend hours looking at other people's exploration from my phone or on my laptop. What fascinates me the most is not so much the architectural side of things or even how nature claims everything back but the history of these locations and to understand how men are so keen to abandon places that they were so keen to build in the first place. That's why my favourite reports are those with a bit of history :)

By the way, is there a way to make requests? There is an old mental health hospital building in my village and I would be happy to send someone to explore on my behalf :emmersed::emmersed::emmersed:

Hi, nice to hear from you. Lol, I've just come back to the hobby after a long break.Im in Dunvant swansea, nice to make the acquaintance of fellow south wales individual.

Hi,

I'm from South Wales and I am a digital explorer. I am not a good photographer and I don't have the time to explore locations but I can spend hours looking at other people's exploration from my phone or on my laptop. What fascinates me the most is not so much the architectural side of things or even how nature claims everything back but the history of these locations and to understand how men are so keen to abandon places that they were so keen to build in the first place. That's why my favourite reports are those with a bit of history :)

By the way, is there a way to make requests? There is an old mental health hospital building in my village and I would be happy to send someone to explore on my behalf :emmersed::emmersed::emmersed:
Not sure exactly where it is (or even if it still stands), but there is/was a mental hospital in or near Abergavenny, Mon., where Hermann Hess was housed during WWII. I would be interested to know if it still stands and, if so, has anyone explored it? My Paternal grandfather worked there; but I'm not sure the years - probably before and during WWII.

Not sure exactly where it is (or even if it still stands), but there is/was a mental hospital in or near Abergavenny, Mon., where Hermann Hess was housed during WWII. I would be interested to know if it still stands and, if so, has anyone explored it? My Paternal grandfather worked there; but I'm not sure the years - probably before and during WWII.
Talgarth in the Black Mountains perhaps. Closed way back but still part of it still exists in ruins.

Welcome to the forum, It is about the only way you can explore with all that is going on in the UK at the moment. I drive past Abergavenny and Talgarth quite often and often wondered about the places

Attachments

• geograph-1025414-by-Bill-Nicholls.jpg
    geograph-1025414-by-Bill-Nicholls.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 152
  • geograph-1794041-by-Bill-Nicholls.jpg
    geograph-1794041-by-Bill-Nicholls.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8476a.JPG
    IMG_8476a.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 152
I think it’s been demolished now the Abergavenny one I don’t think it’s Talgarth hospital there was one in Abergavenny area that’s been mostly demolished I think

Back