Highbridge House-Taddiport-Oct 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily_Pollen

Reaction score
Yesterday whilst at the creamery (I love that word) I noticed a community centre that was boarded up adjacent to the demolition site. I made a note to self that I would go back and urbex that place as well, since it wasn't really doing anyone any good just sitting there. I wanted to do something today, so I thought it was a good place to start, since I hadn't lost the note to self yet.

So this is Highbridge house. As far as I can tell, it was a home for the older generation of mentally and physically handicapped people, and not an easy place to get into. So after an hour and a half of looking for some sort of entry point, I decided to go and recruit some help.

I found two, very nice young lads just getting into their car a short drive from my conquest. Since they were local I figured they would know how to get in, and sure enough they did..so thank you to my two knights in their shining car.

I do sincerely apologize about the state of these photos, there was no light and not that much time so I consider this a lesson in taking photos in the dark.

Outsidefront.jpg

DeadTree.jpg

Reception.jpg

Staininajar.jpg

HolyMosesSmelltheRoses.jpg

LostMarbles.jpg

That sign says "Marble Painting" I guess I lost some of the marbles.

Inmeole.jpg

HangingGarden.jpg

Shhh.jpg

Sunflowers.jpg

WhiteLight.jpg

Boardroom01.jpg

NoMoreCookingEver.jpg

BasementJax.jpg

Grain.jpg

WaitingRoom.jpg

God's waiting room?

Thank you so much for looking at my adventure. I had another brilliant time.

you are on a role aren't you lily, reports are deffo getting better, I'm getting all impatient now, spill the beans, whats the next one??

Looks great, particularly like the residents art work, and the embroidery. LIke the surgery area (think that's what it is, it does look like that type of room). Nice bits and pieces dotted around the place too.

Good pics,

Cheers,

:) Sal

You seem to be having all the luck :p Must be your womanly charm that just compels people to show you how to get into places :p. Nice pictures of this place, as for taking pictures in the dark if you dont mind a bit of noise in your photos you can crank the ISO all the way up and get away with faster shutter speeds meaning less chance of camera shake :).

Thanks for the advice, sincerely.
It was a strange situation because the larger of the lads was quite jumpy so I gave him my torch leaving me in the dark, so to speak. Making it a very bizarre way to take photos, I was finding my way around via the flash.

Wow your braver than me, you entered a pitch black building with two strange men? lol

EDIT: You could also try a tripod and try a bit of light painting with a torch to illuminate the area, this involves long shutter speeds but can give some really nice results :)

and they made me go through the hole first! I asked them to be gentleman and turn around but i don't think they stayed that way. They were really polite and respectful and to be honest I could have kicked both of their arses... I think they both knew that.
They seemed a bit intimidated and shy for some strange reason. ;-)

Lol im a bit worried now :p You seem to charm demolition men and frighten large strange men *shakes head* :p

Latest posts

Back