Horsham Flyer railway line

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDFoto

Reaction score
May I ask please whether anyone can point me to an accurate map of the former Adur Valley railway line (Beeching closure) sometimes known as the Horsham Flyer.

I know which stations were on the line, I am aware it ran up to Bramber alongside the River Adur and then round what is now the Steyning by-pass where there is a retaining wall from the old Steyning railway station, but I'm struggling north of there. I saw it operating as a child, including waiting in the car with my parents to cross the toll bridge at Shoreham.

Assistance of any kind would be appreciated as I am planning a trip or two (or more) to uncover as much of the infrastructure as possible.

Thank you everyone.

I'm not sure exactly which line you are interested in but try this link.... Rail Map online - historic railways, railroads and canals
Thank you; the previous post hit it spot on, and although I've lived in Sussex all my life, I was surprised at where it went when I scanned the link's map carefully. I really appreciate all offers of help. My biggest disappointment was to discover the loss of the pub by the bridge, now demolished, at Copsale.

Back