Quantcast

House of Mosaics - Herts - Jan 2012

Help Support Derelict Places:

Els

Village Gimp (Banned)
Reaction score
What can I say about it this place? From the outside it's just a very plain nondescript building, but on the inside, wow!

Loads of childrens toys left lying about for some reason and a few books but little else. Sorry about the pictures, it was quite a small space and I had to sort it all out in pretty much in pitch blackness due to the boarding; even the Sigma 10-20 was struggling on the wangle and it was quite hard to light them and frame them, but I'm sure you get the idea. Upstairs was completely and utterly stripped and was basically like any other plain semi so I left it. The junk piled up in the middle of the front room is fencing from the garden. Weird.

IMGP6217copy.jpg

IMGP6218copy.jpg

IMGP6241copy.jpg

IMGP6219copy.jpg

IMGP6223copy.jpg

IMGP6242copy.jpg

IMGP6224copy.jpg

IMGP6226copy.jpg

IMGP6227copy.jpg

IMGP6244copy.jpg

IMGP6228copy.jpg

IMGP6237copy.jpg

IMGP6240copy.jpg

IMGP6247copy.jpg

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
Now that is weird!
Fantastically well lit pics considering! :)

mookster

Reaction score
The term 'delusions of grandeur' spring to mind for whoever used to live there.

TeeJF

Reaction score
The term "Turkish brothel" springs to mind as well :laugh:

J

Isn't it wierd! :confused: If I had to guess I'd have said it was owned by an Asian Muslim - the geometric patterns positively scream Islam. As I understand it their religion states they cannot create images of Allah so in order to glorify His name in art they create geometric patterns instead. There's one picture where the tiles exhibit classic Islamic interlinking lines running across the top of an arch.

BUT... you then see a kiddies toy which is typical of the "decadent west" and which no devout Muslim would allow their kids near... isn't that a Barbie in one photo? Can you really see a Muslim allowing his little girl to have an American bimbette dolly which when naked is 38D 22 34??? Barbie in a Burkah? Nah...

Regarding the photos I reckon you did a great job, especially as it was in the dark!

All together this is a stunnintg find and a stunning report, great job!!! :)

Last edited: