House of Shelves again, 'the Grounds' - Part 4 - Oct 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UE-OMJ

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ok, some might say I'm getting a bit obsessed with this place, this will be the 4th (and final) report on the site, I promise.

It's just such a large place, and I knew there would be more to see once the undergrowth had retreated a bit. I found myself off work one day last week so I popped back for one last look.

And it chucked it down the whole time I was there :( And this time I was concentrating on the grounds again rather than going in the house.

I was right, there was more to see. And I had the chance to re-do a few photos that didnt come out well the first time. :)

Previous parts to this report can be found here....

Part 1
[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=23728[/ame]

Part 2
[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=23767[/ame]

Part 3
[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=23863[/ame]

Quite an imposing house. Ever get the feeling you're being watched?? I did :eek:

mini-1c.jpg

mini-2c.jpg

mini-3c.jpg

mini-4c.jpg

mini-5c.jpg

mini-6c.jpg

mini-7c.jpg

Still have the feeling I'm being watched...

mini-8c.jpg

mini-9c.jpg

mini-10c.jpg

mini-11c.jpg

mini-12c.jpg

mini-13c.jpg

mini-14c.jpg

A lovely old radio...

mini-15c.jpg

And another old radio, this one in not such good condition though.

mini-16c.jpg

mini-17c.jpg

The choppers again :)

mini-18c.jpg

Anyone know what this is? There were electronics in the top section and a single wire to the bottom section leading to the metal rod (aerial?) on the side. I couldnt see any external controls or buttons or anything.

mini-19c.jpg

mini-20c.jpg

I keep being drawn back to this building. I love this one, and would have loved to have had somewhere like this to play when I was a kid. What an excellent hide-out :mrgreen:

mini-21c.jpg

mini-22c.jpg

mini-23c.jpg

mini-24c.jpg

Am I still being watched? :lol: What is it about dark windows that is so spooky?

mini-25c.jpg

Then I found this old bike, and had a bit of a shock when I tried to pull it out for a better shot...

mini-26c.jpg

The tree had completely grown around the right handle. That bike really hasnt moved in a long time!!
Not the best photos, sorry... (it was chucking it down remember :) )

mini-28c.jpg

mini-27c.jpg

mini-29c.jpg

mini-30c.jpg

Then right out the back were a few old caravans (nothing in them) and 2 old JCB's
(not sure if these are against the rules? If they are please feel free to remove them or let me know)

mini-31c.jpg

mini-32c.jpg

mini-33c.jpg

mini-34c.jpg

As always, thanks for looking :)

fab shots!! especially love the last image! i know what you mean about this place, it is addictive, i have been twice now, and am compiling a report after my next planned visit.

thanks for sharing

Watch out for the big fat fox that I came face to face with. It was one of those ''we both froze'' moments, but as I raised the camera for a photo he legged it. Shame, it would have been a great photo.

Do you have any more photos of the wooden box? Especially the electronic innards. I suspect the lower box is a battery crate, and that the thing is an electric fence power unit. The metal rod would be for a ground connection, and there would be a wire or terminal to connect the fence. A look at the innards would help decide.

Its a real shame about those radios and the tellies, looks like who-ever lived there did a bit of wireless repair now and then

Do you have any more photos of the wooden box? Especially the electronic innards. I suspect the lower box is a battery crate, and that the thing is an electric fence power unit. The metal rod would be for a ground connection, and there would be a wire or terminal to connect the fence. A look at the innards would help decide.

No sorry :( I should have really. Maybe next time ;-)

But your explanation sounds very reasonable, considering how many animals were kept there, and they had loads of greenhouses, so keeping animals in/out would be logical.

It's amazing how the land will claim anything after a while.
I love the cascading ivy(?) over the lean to.
Thank you for the beautiful pics x

Love the tree growing around the bike, teach not to look closer when i visit places !! nice report mate

good show mate, did you find the creey cot in the old shed? well creepy

Thanks for the comments :) It's very much appreciated.

good show mate, did you find the creey cot in the old shed? well creepy

No :eek: I thought I'd seen everything now... I saw the pram top section but missed the cot :(

Latest posts

Back