How to Use the New Software

Help Support Derelict Places:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
How to make a new post:

Look at the main index of forums and choose the one that best fits your topic. Click on that title. It will open and at the top you will see a rectangle that has a place for a thread topic and you will see a button on the right Post Thread. Chose either of those to start your new posts.
If you choose the Post Thread, it will open a Title rectangle and below it a larger message box. If you start filling in the title rectangle the message box will open under it. When done click on the Post thread button on the right side.

1607443335185.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
You can manage your privacy, account details via the User Control Panel. You just need to click on your member name in the upper right corner of this page.

1607443798156.png

You will be able to update your email in the Account Details. The Password and Security is where you can change those. The most useful one may be Preferences. Please check that out and set to your preference.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
What are reactions? (above you will see reactions received on User Control Panel).

Look at the bottom right side for Like. Hold down on that a little longer than just clicking on it for Like, and you will get the reactions.

1607443870165.png

1607443893729.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Private Messages - this software calls them Conversations.

1607443950681.png

The small envelope is the private message/conversation indicator. There will be a small number there if you have unread conversations. Click on that and a drop down will show you the unread conversations and then below that you may see some read conversations. You can click on each of the unread conversations one at a time to read them.

When you open a conversation you will see who from and a title and message. Here are the controls you'll see when looking at an opened Conversation.

1607444098275.png

The edit will allow you a short time to edit your conversations. The Star is a marker similar to a marker in Gmail to let you show it's important and so you can search for star conversations if you need to do so. Mark Unread allows you to have it resort to appearing unread and leaving a number indicator beside the envelope. And Leave. Leave is similar to delete, as there is no delete message in this software. If you Leave a message you can mark it where someone can answer and you will see it again, or block a reply where you will not see it again. This will take it out of your list of conversations.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Adding an image to a post. Maximum file size is 10240KB. Maximum number of images per post: 10 (updated to 50 images per post).

When making a post, look to the bottom left for the Attach Files button.

1607444164284.png

Click on that and it will take you to your storage place on your phone/tablet/laptop/deskside.

Once you upload you will see this type of file.

1607444227745.png

Have your cursor where you want the image.

I am now going to click on the Insert on the left side top of photo.

Choose thumbnail or full size. I recommend full size.

1607444271981.png

You also have a trash icon on the right if you decide you do not like this image.

And this is full size.

dinner bell monroe nunley.jpg

A larger image full sized.

dinner bell.jpg

YOU CAN ALSO DO A RIGHT CLICK COPY AND THEN PASTE INTO A POST.

I did a right click copy image, and then right click paste here.

1607444873667.png

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
When you want to quote a post in a reply just use the reply button on that post.

1607444989141.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
If you want to make a post without a quote in it. Go to the bottom of the thread and start posting in the open box.

1607445048495.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
If you wish to have a certain member have an alert to a post you can put their name after the @ sign.

@Admin

When you are putting the name in there is a pop-up that will show you one or more names with the beginning of the name so you can just click on that to add it. You can do one or several in a post.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Quite an interesting new look here and like the idea of direct uploading as had all sorts of problems with photobucket. So have given up on that. Did I read right that only ten pics per post. That's a very small amount. It was always unlimited. So some reports I did would be ten and others would be very high if extensive. It would be hard to be comprehensive with ten. But seems some good changes here.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi @Mikeymutt. I saw that there was a 50 image set up on the old forums, so I have now increased the number of images per post from 10 to 50. That should make for an excellent post and thread for all to appreciate.

If you have any other questions, please let me know so I can help.

HughieD

Super Moderator
Staff member
DP Supporter
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ey up Angie. Nice to see the site has had a make-over.

50 picture limit is much more sensible than 10 for sure.

Just wondered, have all the historic post 'likes' been lost in the roll-over as they seem to have reset to zero.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@HughieD I think they may be gone but I'll ask our head tech. If anyone can bring them back, he can.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
To add a video such as YouTube you just post the link in the thread.

1607529511911.png

And once I hit return on this, you will see the YouTube video below.

It is just that easy.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. He is pretty amazing. We (Admin, Head Tech and I) hope we make this an even better site with the software making it easier to share photos and where everyone has visited. I am really enjoying this site and the information here. Let me know if you see anything else we need to address.

Newage

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I like the look of this next site interface, looks like a few Facebook bits and bobs mixed in with forums - best I get out and go somewhere so I can try the new software/site out.

cheers Newage

Mearing

Reaction score
You can manage your privacy, account details via the User Control Panel. You just need to click on your member name in the upper right corner of this page.

View attachment 214253

You will be able to update your email in the Account Details. The Password and Security is where you can change those. The most useful one may be Preferences. Please check that out and set to your preference.
Hi, I'm no longer receiving recent activity emails?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm no longer receiving recent activity emails?

I have tried something that may turn it back on for you. If you do not get it tomorrow let me know. Also, check your spam email folder to make sure your email is not making choices for you.

@night crawler , at the bottom of every "Yesterday's Forum Activity" email is a place to click on to unsubscribe. That will make them stop and not start again unless I can either do what I did to Meaning's email, or I'll have to get head tech to make it work again.

Mearing

Reaction score
I have tried something that may turn it back on for you. If you do not get it tomorrow let me know. Also, check your spam email folder to make sure your email is not making choices for you.

@night crawler , at the bottom of every "Yesterday's Forum Activity" email is a place to click on to unsubscribe. That will make them stop and not start again unless I can either do what I did to Meaning's email, or I'll have to get head tech to make it work again.

Lucky you
Lucky you

Hi, not in spam & can't get yesterdays forum activity unfortunately, will check the mail tomorrow.

Latest posts