I'm Back

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

night crawler

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so it might be odd to re-introduce myself but I have not been on here for e a while so some of you might be wondering who the hell is this popping up as a Mod. Well like the Avtar stells you in Night Crawler and now adays I do not do much in the way of urban exploring not that I did what I do is more rural. I recent years I have been concentrating on my Blogging one of which is visiting churches and writing about them. I feel they are becoming a forgotten part of our history and should be recorded. You might also notice I live in North Berkshire which does not exist anymore and should not take you long to work out what took its place. I have posted a few reports on here but I am afraid they none of the photos will show up as they were linked to Flicker and I closed the account when they limited it to 1000 photos and there was no way I was paying silly money for using it as storage. So, I may well be writing a new report on the Pillboxes I vised along the Thames and Red line and a few other places I also have an extensive archive of photos of Fairmile when it was being converted, I had free reign walking around the site.

I’ve been through a few cameras over the years starting with a Canon EOS 350D then a 60D followed by a 70D I now use a EOS R6 which is awesome. Probably one of the best things I use is my iPhone which is with me most of the time.

I might add I am nigh on 70 now so you can understand my not wanting to visit places not too taxing but I see some of the old members I knew and met are still on here

Look forwards to reading some post now.

Attachments

• IMG_0897 (2).jpg
    IMG_0897 (2).jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 222
Ok so it might be odd to re-introduce myself but I have not been on here for e a while so some of you might be wondering who the hell is this popping up as a Mod. Well like the Avtar stells you in Night Crawler and now adays I do not do much in the way of urban exploring not that I did what I do is more rural. I recent years I have been concentrating on my Blogging one of which is visiting churches and writing about them. I feel they are becoming a forgotten part of our history and should be recorded. You might also notice I live in North Berkshire which does not exist anymore and should not take you long to work out what took its place. I have posted a few reports on here but I am afraid they none of the photos will show up as they were linked to Flicker and I closed the account when they limited it to 1000 photos and there was no way I was paying silly money for using it as storage. So, I may well be writing a new report on the Pillboxes I vised along the Thames and Red line and a few other places I also have an extensive archive of photos of Fairmile when it was being converted, I had free reign walking around the site.

I’ve been through a few cameras over the years starting with a Canon EOS 350D then a 60D followed by a 70D I now use a EOS R6 which is awesome. Probably one of the best things I use is my iPhone which is with me most of the time.

I might add I am nigh on 70 now so you can understand my not wanting to visit places not too taxing but I see some of the old members I knew and met are still on here

Hi Nightcrawler (great avatar/name). I'm nigh on 80 but still keen to explore.
Last couple of years been shifting around the country, England, a fair bit, settling now (I think) in Preston, Lancs.

Hiya, Night Crawler. Good to see you. :)

I hardly ever post on here these days but I sometimes have a look in when I'm checking some info from my old reports when updating website & blog articles. I really like the new format & daily newsletter so I'll probably be back here myself more often too.

I've recently heard about something not too far from me so hopefully get some photos and chuck up a report...if I can walk that far! Getting old myself, lol. ;)

It's good to know that people are still up for exploring as you get older
I was (?am) an Essex girl who went to Kennylands Park School, a boarding school in Sonning Common, Nr. Reading, Berks., owned by the Essex County.
The school was closed around 1980 and all remaining children transferred to Hockerill, a boarding school in Essex. The Canadian Cedar buildings were eventually demolished except, (I think) the senior girls dormitory. That building, from what I have gleaned, was transformed into a Table Tennis Club in, or near, Reading (Pangbourne comes to mind, but I am not sure of its actual location).
Now situated within the school bounds is a nursing home and a few houses, but the 28-acre field (or most of it) is preserved in perpetuity.
There used to be partly underground air-raid shelters on both sides of the field. I would imagine that the ones on the boys' end (Nearest Kennylands Road), were removed to make way for the nursing home; but I am not sure if the girls' end shelters could still be in situ.
I now live in Florida, USA and I'm getting very close to 80, so it's unlikely that I would be able to come and explore; but the Millenium Field is open to the public.

I was (?am) an Essex girl who went to Kennylands Park School, a boarding school in Sonning Common, Nr. Reading, Berks., owned by the Essex County.
The school was closed around 1980 and all remaining children transferred to Hockerill, a boarding school in Essex. The Canadian Cedar buildings were eventually demolished except, (I think) the senior girls dormitory. That building, from what I have gleaned, was transformed into a Table Tennis Club in, or near, Reading (Pangbourne comes to mind, but I am not sure of its actual location).
Now situated within the school bounds is a nursing home and a few houses, but the 28-acre field (or most of it) is preserved in perpetuity.
There used to be partly underground air-raid shelters on both sides of the field. I would imagine that the ones on the boys' end (Nearest Kennylands Road), were removed to make way for the nursing home; but I am not sure if the girls' end shelters could still be in situ.
I now live in Florida, USA and I'm getting very close to 80, so it's unlikely that I would be able to come and explore; but the Millenium Field is open to the public.
Might want to read this then Kennylands Camp + Bishopswood Camp, Sonning Common.
You can also try this Facebook Groups
I never knew the place existed but I have been to Florida years ago with work

It's Great to see yourself and a few of the other "Old Skoolers" back on here,!.

Latest posts

Back