Image Attachments Enabled

Help Support Derelict Places:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Now you can upload images directly to your thread by using the attach button or simply copy/pasting the image into the thread/post.

Each image can be up to 10Mb in size.

Each post can have up to 50 images.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roderick

DP Supporter
Reaction score
I just tried to post my first thread on here in ROC posts. I reduced all pictures to 1024x768. It was to be an ROC on Orkney, I spent a long time trying to make sense of the 3 pages of rules for listening post /ROC titles but was bewildered by that so just tried to post as "Orkney cold war listening post ROC". I started with 6 lines of text and 10 pictures but when I tried to post I got the message "The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it" so I reduced it to 3 lines of text and only 6 pictures but I still get the same message. I've seen plenty of posts longer than this so what am I doing wrong. It shouldn't be this hard surely?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
No it shouldn't be hard at all to create threads/posts here or upload images. Let me check all the settings.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this information @Roderick I'll be checking those settings out right now.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I just tried to post my first thread on here in ROC posts. I reduced all pictures to 1024x768. It was to be an ROC on Orkney, I spent a long time trying to make sense of the 3 pages of rules for listening post /ROC titles but was bewildered by that so just tried to post as "Orkney cold war listening post ROC". I started with 6 lines of text and 10 pictures but when I tried to post I got the message "The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it" so I reduced it to 3 lines of text and only 6 pictures but I still get the same message. I've seen plenty of posts longer than this so what am I doing wrong. It shouldn't be this hard surely?

Will you please try a test post in that forum again, several lines. Admin and I found the issue and made corrections.

tripwire1802

Reaction score
Now you can upload images directly to your thread by using the attach button or simply copy/pasting the image into the thread/post.

Each image can be up to 10Mb in size.

Each post can have up to 50 images.
This is great news :) The only reason i havent been able to post any of my explores previously is due to not understanding how to load images on this website. I'll have a go at getting some of them on here over the Christmas period :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is great news :) The only reason i havent been able to post any of my explores previously is due to not understanding how to load images on this website. I'll have a go at getting some of them on here over the Christmas period :)

I'll look forward to see them. I am enjoying seeing the old places so much.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Did you check the how to upload an image in the "How to use the new Software" thread. I see your links in that thread you linked, but there are no images that show when I click on your links.

Just go to the message you are making and use the Attach Files button on the lower left side of message box. That will take you to the Gallery on your tablet or laptop or phone. Chose one and upload.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Reaction score
What is the chances of opening old threads for a while to edit, so I could maybe do all my threads again with direct uploads rather than the linked photos. That's if you can delete the linked photos somehow. Thanks

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
What is the chances of opening old threads for a while to edit, so I could maybe do all my threads again with direct uploads rather than the linked photos. That's if you can delete the linked photos somehow. Thanks

How old is your first post so I can see about settings. I would need to do this on a person by person basis.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Reaction score
How old is your first post so I can see about settings. I would need to do this on a person by person basis.
My first post was early 2014. But I have nearly five hundred posts. It's not a problem if you cannot. Prob save me a job 😅

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Mike, if the images are showing as they are now, we better leave it. Then in the future you can upload to the thread directly.
Thanks for understanding as that is a big bunch of work and a very long editing time.

Latest posts