Imperial Distillery, Speyside March 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bones

Gormless Moderator
Reaction score
With a lot of exploring so far in 2011 I thought it would be a good idea to start writing up some of the adventures from earlier in the year. A roadtrip that saw British summertime in, was a 2000 mile round journey to Scotland with Lost, RichardB and V70 as guides.

Despite being the last site on the 5 day roadtrip, I have decided to publish Imperial Distillery first as it was a really varied, challenging, interesting and unique place to explore.

Imperial Distillery was established in 1897 and was last used in 1998 when it was mothballed. It is a vast site, and thanks to Lost knowing his way around, we saw a lot of the older buildings and equipment as well as the main still room. Unfortunately the site has suffered a large spate of copper theft, destroying the stills and forcing the owners to take new security measures!

To celebrate this explore, Lost laid his hands on a small bottle of whisky from the distillery in a local off-license.

Photos:

DSC_0079Large-3.jpg

DSC_0082Large-1.jpg

DSC_0085Large-1.jpg

DSC_0088Large-2.jpg

DSC_0104Large-5.jpg

DSC_0108Large-2.jpg

DSC_0117Large-2.jpg

DSC_0119Large.jpg

DSC_0122Large.jpg

DSC_0125Large.jpg

DSC_0128Large-1.jpg

DSC_0131Large-1.jpg

DSC_0132Large-1.jpg

DSC_0136Large-6.jpg

DSC_0137Large-1.jpg

DSC_0142Large-3.jpg

DSC_0145Large-1.jpg

DSC_0148Large-3.jpg

DSC_0151Large-3.jpg

DSC_0152Large-1.jpg

DSC_0154Large-4.jpg

DSC_0156Large-1.jpg

DSC_0158Large-3.jpg

DSC_0159Large-4.jpg

DSC_0160Large-2.jpg

DSC_0162Large-5.jpg

DSC_0163Large-1.jpg

DSC_0164Large-4.jpg

DSC_0165Large-4.jpg

DSC_0168Large-3.jpg

DSC_0176Large-3.jpg

Last edited:
yeh its a stunning place when we went with Mr button presser Lost :lol::lol::lol: such a shame its been damaged like this nice set of pictures:) hopefully the owners are taking better care of the place.

Thanks mr bones, I enjoyed that, it looks a good explore it’s a shame that the scavengers got at it but it seems from your pics that there’s still a lot left for them to steal, one of those times that I hope their security is good.

Nice work Mr Bones, those stills are pretty amazing. And it's pretty amazing they are still (fairly) intact.

Nice to see this place again :)

What's happened to the stills though?! :mad:

Land Pirates?

It seems that way, it looks like they busted a door open on the side facing the road and distillery cottages and got away with several tons of copper.
There's CCTV now.

Excellent pictures. :)

I think the damage to the stills has sealed its fate, if it wasn't sealed already.

amazing pictures man looks like a real good explore. :exclaim:

The water is quite clear but it has an oily sheen. I'm not sure what the tank was for, possibly for overflow.

Good to see the malting part back open again, I thought that was aas good as the distillery.

Latest posts

Back