Just a question...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadewest94

Reaction score
Hey all! So I've got a few locations to explore within the coming months and was wondering if you guys ever explore alone? If so why.. I never go alone. Just curious really! :beguiled:

I do a fair bit, ... why cos its so much hassle trying to organise with people, particularly my age when most of my explores are last min "oh something has changed so I can go out" type things.
Obviously its not the safest way to explore so I careful what I do on my own. Its also a lot easier to back out on your own whereas in groups u will egg each other on & probably end up exploring more.
Of course it is also often easier to avoid detection on your own too!

It's nice to vary things, good to go and have some company and obviously safer if things were to go wrong for whatever reason. But on the other hand is nice to get out and enjoy your own company, just have to be more careful with any obstacles you may have to deal with.
I've had a few minor injuries going alone, so just be a bit more careful.

Hey all! So I've got a few locations to explore within the coming months and was wondering if you guys ever explore alone? If so why.. I never go alone. Just curious really! :beguiled:

The two above have pretty much summed it up from my point of view...

For me it's a mixture...half of the time alone, the rest either as a 2 or a three. Depends on the situation. More fun as a two or three but sometimes its an opportunist explore when I can fit it in at short notice so no time to arrange with others.

I prefer exploring with company, usually one trusted friend who I know has got my back if things get tricky.

I sometimes explore with more than one person although that's a rare occurrence now and usually happens when I'm in America.

I really don't like doing solo explores as there is nobody there if things go tits up, in almost a decade of exploring I can count the number of solo jaunts on one hand. That being said, last year I pushed myself and my limits and explored an abandoned asylum in New York on my own. Having been rumbled there by security two days prior, before I got to see all I wanted to see with my friends, the nagging thought of how easy it was to do ate away at my mind constantly the next day and so in the end I told myself I simply had to go and do it or I'd regret it. I did, and it was awesome, if a little nervy being stood in a huge abandoned building in a not very nice area of the city on my own.

Friends are not always available at same time i am, work or other commitments. I am quite comfortable exploring by myself. Have been doing it a number of years its not a big deal

Depends on the location / plans really. Some places are easier on my own but others are easier with a second person to help out with entry and for when or if things go wrong.

I prefer a trusted friend or two for a planned road trip with a few locations on the list but only because it adds to the fun of the explores!

I love solo exploring. That was my only choice for fucking years before I discovered this forum and made friends who were into it. I still enjoy being alone though. Nothing quite like walking the corridors of an asylum at 4am all by yourself.

Safety wise, I'd recommend going with a friend in the case that the S*it hits the fan you'll have someone to help. Also having a fellow human is handy for fence climbing, going inside buildings and opening an easier entry, using as a shield ect...

Where's the fun in going alone. Nobody to share the sausage rojjs with :onthego:

People can 'roll' me anytime! ;)

Far easier for me to do things alone. Mostly because of how my free time works - it's opposite to other peoples. There's also a lot of by chance stuff that happens for me. Underground is almost always in groups though as it's obviously safer and more fun to be trapped as a group..

Some places are best to take a friend because of elements out of your control, that being said I did a lot of stuff in the dark with my 2 friends and now that I am starting to do it again I have done a couple alone and isn't as enjoyable to be honest.

Back