Kings Cliffe Airfield

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pens aren't that rare and there are already quite a few designated. That first one is a very nice example though.

spoke to the farmer when I was there and he said the boxes are for deer shooting.

Live locally and been round here once or twice. When the airbase was operational, some of the servicemen used to live in Bedford Purlieus (woods just up the road). Theres mainly remains of just the platforms the buildings are on but if you go down the dirt track between the Kingscliffe Road and the A47 there still loads of shelters on the left hand side of the edge of the wood. The old gymnasium/ chapel etc are further down the Kingscliffe road bbut are now occupied by a timber merchants. In certain places in the wood you can literally pick remnants from the base like bits of uniform, bottles etc out of the ground where I assume they were buried when the base was left. Not sure if anyone knew these bit but thought I would share!

Back