Kirktonhill Tower, Myrekirk, Scotland Aug '08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacepunk

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A miserable wet day with nothing to do, so Smellycat and myself set of in search of Kirktonhill Tower. After a few wrong turns and a consultation with a near-by resident we were on the the right track. I expected to find an old tower but when we got there were surprised to discover that the place was being' done up' with new windows and a nice new door, which was a bit disappointing, as it seemed to take the character out of the place. Hey ho.

First view.
Sunnyside006Small.jpg

New door and windows.
Sunnyside007Small.jpg

Looking down the stairs.
Sunnyside014Small.jpg

Sunnyside013Small.jpg

Sunnyside018Small.jpg

Love'n'Peace.
SP.

Nice wee tower, I'm assuming it was a Folly?

I know what you mean about the new fixtures, but at least it means someone's taking the time and money to save the place, even if the door is a questionable choice :)

Hi there can you please tell me where you parked to walk to the tower. I like a really good walk so it's OK if it was miles away x

Hi there can you please tell me where you parked to walk to the tower. I like a really good walk so it's OK if it was miles away x
If you park in the village of Marykirk (not Myrekirk...) then walk approx one mile north eastwards along a minor road, the tower's in woodland to the left/ inland side.

Latest posts

Back