Leeds International Swimming Pool (July '08)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these pictures, this is all very eerie, when was this closed down, and for that matter why? Places like this are always securely boarded up, but with enough time and a keen eye, there is always a way in.

great work

An unusual looking building. Rather odd looking "accumulator". Was it some sort of wacky flume shute? ;)
Good set of pics -cheers :)

Lb:jimlad:

nice! didn't know it was lit up at night! I put it off at one oppertunity because I thought it would be too dark :(
if only I knew!! :(

good to hear its gonna stand a bit longer :_

nice! didn't know it was lit up at night! I put it off at one oppertunity because I thought it would be too dark :(
if only I knew!! :(

good to hear its gonna stand a bit longer :_

Awwrisp and I was in the Olympic pool last night. We had a bit of time to spare after visiting the Roundhay park outfall. The lights in the main pool go on and off at random, but we left before it got dark. It was a novelty to go into a place and be able to turn the lights on.
We managed to get onto the roof which covers the fire escape which runs around the main pool, but failed to find a way onto the main roof. We'll have to go back and finish it off.

Since the lights weren't on and the sun was setting while we re-visited this place, we decided to "be creative" with the stuff in the pool :p

2711609478_5841331f7d_b.jpg

2711606346_81eb6976fd_b.jpg

if anyone has an idea when the damn main lights come on let me know ;)

Latest posts

Back