Lights/torches

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dam_01

Reaction score
While I realise head torches are the way forward, (hands free etc) I just spotted these at the bargain price of £4 and change. They're a bike light with a dubious headstrap attachment but they're exceptionally bright for the money and have a plug into the mains battery pack to boot.
I bought one last year for biking and it far outstrips anything for at least ten times the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumens-Cyc...2_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y2HE0ZFCFZ06DJ3AQ57V

They're £10 really, but thanks for the tipoff I am looking for a head torch. How wide is the beam spread?

Ah ok, didn't factor the postage being as much as it is.
It's more spot than broad. Couldn't put numbers on it but on the canal paths it's enough to light up the whole path side to side for a good 30-40'
This isn't my picture but it's meant to be the item in question and from personal use, thats fairly accurate.
The headtorch head strap attachment is a bit crap but if you're happy to bodge a bit it'll do a turn.

lampara-bicicleta-led-cree-xm-l-t6-1800-lumenes-solarstorm-221701-MLM20375686260_082015-O.jpg

Interesting, thanks for the added info. I'd want it as a head-torch for off road night-running so maybe one with a decent strap might be a better option for me!

Yeah. Not for running. It's really bright but bulky. Bang for your buck, it's pretty decent but you get what you pay for. Just thought it might be interesting for the Underground urbex crowd.

Some of these unbranded/nondescript lights coming out of the Far East can actually be pretty good, thanks for the heads up. I just always tend to back them up with at least x2 quality lights in case they fail. Silva used to make some pukka lights for night running - not sure what they're like these days though. I guess you'd want a good flood beam, but also decent throw of light if you're moving fast.

Latest posts

Back