Lincolnshire/south yorkshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyxile

Reaction score
Hi. I've not been on the forum for a while. Used to love exploring abandoned places but haven't done anything much since my accident a few years ago. Hoping to get back into exploring again. I'm based in north lincolnshire/south Yorkshire so any tips would be much appreciated.

Actually it was in a way. I fell down a 4ft hole and broke my humerus and chipped my shoulder and did the ligaments in my ankle. Lol. Impromptu exploration with no torch, that will teach me lol

It was in the line of duty after all.:) Are you now back to exploring?

Actually it was in a way. I fell down a 4ft hole and broke my humerus and chipped my shoulder and did the ligaments in my ankle. Lol. Impromptu exploration with no torch, that will teach me lol
I sympathise with you over the broken humerus. When I was working with horses in 1968, I had my right humerus broken when I was leading a Cleveland Bay carriage horse on a head collar. I suspect it was stung by a bee or wasp because it suddenly took off. I tried to hold it, but had to let go of the head collar rope. As I did, its near (left) shoulder hit my right shoulder, thowing me to the ground. One of its hooves landed on my outstretched right arm, snapping the humerus cleanly in two. Since the upper arm could not be plastered, I had two months with a strap holding my right hand tight below my chin, and the arm in a sling. Was yours a clean break? Did you have similar treatment? A lot of physiotherapy, and I got the strength back in the arm - before more horse jobs! Talk about getting back into the saddle. Were you by yourself when you fell into the hole? I hope you've fully recovered, to continue our mad (?) hobby.

Back