location search

Help Support Derelict Places:

Rob48

Reaction score
Hi folks. Im new to this website. Is there a search facility on here which deals with keywords or is location-specific? I want a quick reference to Flintshire/North Wales /Cheshire/Wirral area. Thanks. :)

Kinky

Reaction score
I noticed depending on which mobile device i was using sometimes the site came up a bit odd or the phone didnt let me tap very well on the search button but if your looking at being a regular or even just for the hell of it add this url as a bookmark to your phone and makes life a bit easier for it :)

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/search.php

Megaman

Reaction score
Hi Rob,

I am from this part of the country and also new to this forum.

In my experience I try not to be specific in regards to locations in case the information falls into the wrong hands. So it depends on what level of "specific" you are looking for - most "well known" site coordinates can be obtained from google. However, the more "hidden gems" tend to be kept under wraps. I remember seeing a post on here for this very topic - like myself I have to be convinced that somebody asking for info has the same exploration ethics.

I have a few friends in these's area and we do share info - I am sure if you get into an area specific network this will be your best tool.

Ciao for now :)

BikinGlynn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The search bar does work, however a lot of people may not put place name (or not exact as search) so u miss stuff.
For example when I was first on I searched all my local town names, then surrounding counties, but even now I am finding local stuff (by chance) that I missed!

Ninja Kitten

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
google earth...welsh ruins for your area...geograph browser...plink anything that equates to derelict in google and the area and see what comes up in images..good luck and nice to have you here

Latest posts