Long Clawson Railway Tunnel, Leicestershire, February 2017

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I presume there is a padlock on the gates. Knowing the ingenuity of most urban explorers, making a key to open the padlock should not be difficult. As a schoolboy I made a key to open the locked doors between the coaches of our two-coach branch line train, so the boys could get into the girls' coach!
No gates at southern entrance, just a ‘false’ door (locked) with no exterior handle or conventional keyhole. Northern entrance has traditional gated doors (steel) that were padlocked.

No gates at southern entrance, just a ‘false’ door (locked) with no exterior handle or conventional keyhole. Northern entrance has traditional gated doors (steel) that were padlocked.
So the northern end may be the way in. When I worked on council estates for a central heating company, I carried an array of FB (Fire Brigade) keys to unlock barriers blocking vehicle access. I still have them, but they appear to have been superseded.

Latest posts

Back