Long Marston Aircraft Graveyard May '11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookster

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited as part of mine and the two usual buggers day out to the Cotswolds - 4 sites were visited and one small one was stumbled upon - 3 successes and 2 failures but hey ho.

I wish I'd visited when there were more than the 3 planes and a helicopter left but the crafts left are impressive, not least the Shackleton! A really leisurely visit was had, we turned up on a day when there was some sort of drag racing event on the old airfield, and motorbike training going on right next to where the planes are housed but nobody batted an eyelid at our presence.

Some shots are handheld so might look a bit meh.

Thanks for looking, more pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/mookie427/sets/72157626720350450/

WOW! Now that is find! Love the Seaking and Lancaster. I'm only about 1 hours from here, maybe I should get over there before they are removed. Shame they have been left to rot.

Sorry anpanman that is no Lancaster but made by the same comany though

I feel sad to see that Avro Shackleton going to ruin and is that a Metior with the nose missing.
Nice report.

some one's been raiding the Shackleton for spares, maybe the BoB flight as there are probably some common parts with the Lanc. I'm suprised those Griffon engines are still there, much in demand from historic flights.

some one's been raiding the Shackleton for spares, maybe the BoB flight as there are probably some common parts with the Lanc. I'm suprised those Griffon engines are still there, much in demand from historic flights.
Very unlikely to be BBMF but quite possibly the boys from Coventry --> http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=102256&page=14

And Anpanman, the helicopter is a Westland Whirlwind mate.. poetically speaking they are the grandfather of the Sea Kings :)

Latest posts

Back