Manchester rooftoppers, PLEASE NOTE!!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bungle666

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The peregrine falcons have returned to the city centre, so i request that ALL persons thinking of climbing ANY structure higher than 7 storeys in manchester city centre thinks again from now till the 1st August, disturbing the falcons can be a criminal offence and im sure the management of this forum WILL co-operate with the relevant authoritys in any investigation for breaching the above request.

many thanks for your co-operation in this matter

bungle

The peregrine falcons have returned to the city centre, so i request that ALL persons thinking of climbing ANY structure higher than 7 storeys in manchester city centre thinks again from now till the 1st August, disturbing the falcons can be a criminal offence and im sure the management of this forum WILL co-operate with the relevant authoritys in any investigation for breaching the above request.
many thanks for your co-operation in this matter
bungle

Well said.

Simply put - Do not climb these structures. The sight of these birds in a city, is far more inspiring than reading a report of some individual's ego trip.

And the wasp it buzzes merrily. Do you have the dossier?

~Shepy

You need to pick it up from the man in the beige raincoat. If he is wearing sunglasses, STAY AWAY! The plan has failed!!!!!

We ride at dawn!

Well observed Bungle!!Peregrin Falcons definately need all the protection they can get since there arn't many around.

personally, i'd rather not go anywhere near these birds when they are protecting their young..........
never mind what the police could do to you!

It's not clear from the photos (couldn't zoom in any more) but I watched before it landed and knew it was a falcon. It fidgeted for a bit then seemed to be resting for the night.

Premier Lodge 9pm ish:

peregrine1.jpg
peregrine2.jpg

We're lucky enough to have peregrines again in Derby this year, nesting on the purpose built ledge on the cathedral, spent a good few hours in summer last year watching the two youngsters they raised, and actually saw one take it's 1st ever flight! awesome creatures, glad to hear they're keeping the 'skyrat' population in check in Manchester too!:D

Watched the adult training two young to hunt early one morning last week.
It carried a piece of what looked like chicken drumstick but was probably pigeon and the babies chased it.

This was down at street level - awesome to watch, and listen to.. their cries are eerie sounding.

Latest posts

Back