Melton Constable ROC Norfolk - May 10

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred

Reaction score
Ok this one is interesting, as usual though its been stripped but the toilet does remain. This roc is on the old A148 main road which was literally built next to with a brand new road some time ago. The road itself its blocked off with a gate at one end and a mound at the other (near the roc!). The area was fairly overgrown to what i have seen before and someone had left the door wide open which had seized open, so once again i repaired another door and its now closed again (but still accessible). This roc also has an Orlit which was very overgrown so couldnt really get a worthwhile photo.

Something thats very worthwhile knowing is that although this is called the melton ROC it is in fact miles away from Melton itself and i would say is closest to Letheringsett in fact someone has put a sign on the wall about minding your head on the weight and in pen it says "Holt ROC". If anyone knows the A148 from Letheringsett heading towards Thursford they might know this location.

Subbrit Link http://www.subbrit.org.uk/cgi-bin/w...nction=Search&County=Norfolk&cgifunction=form

DSCF2414.jpg

DSCF2415.jpg

The Orlit
DSCF2416.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

DSCF2418.jpg

DSCF2419.jpg

DSCF2420.jpg

DSCF2421.jpg

DSCF2422.jpg

DSCF2423.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

Seems fairly good but stripped for a 91er. That red stripes interesting, ive never seen one like that before in a post. It is possible, that the post was regrouped, renamed, re clustered and renumbered. Some things may have the old details on, some will have the new details on. Subrit will have one set, which is usually the old details, not how it was at Standdown.

Looks like it began a restoration at some point? Seems very neat to say its a 90's closure, considering it's been gutted...

Very stripped post, but not in too bad condition really.

Something thats very worthwhile knowing is that although this is called the melton ROC it is in fact miles away from Melton itself and i would say is closest to Letheringsett in fact someone has put a sign on the wall about minding your head on the weight and in pen it says "Holt ROC"

Quite a lot of posts were like that. Mine is named after the nearest town, but on older documents it is referred to by the name of the village its in. I know a few others round here which also used to be named after the place they are situated, but were later changed to the nearest town.

Back