Mitchells Brewery, Lancaster - July 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonyes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Well this was actually the backup plan, after our failed revisit to Lancaster Moor. I had seen previous reports and thought it looked a nice little place, so off we went!
Explored with TeeJF and Zero81, great company ;)

The History on this place is a little hard to come by, but a large part of the site was designed by W A Deighton in 1901. Deighton was a well-known brewery architect who was also responsible for the Grade II-listed Cook Street Brewery in Salford.

Mitchell's were established in 1865.

Mitchell's of Lancaster is a well established family owned pub and hotel company, operating seven individual, quality hotels and 55 traditional inns in North Lancashire and Cumbria.

Established for over 140 years, the company was founded by William Mitchell and is now run by the founder's great-great-grandchildren. The story goes that a chance meeting with a friend provided the money William needed to build his own brewery. Once the brewery was built, William went on to build a number of large hotels and inns, strategically sited within the Lancaster and Morecambe area. The company no longer brews its own beer, but maintains the family traditions of running good quality establishments offering an excellent range of cask ales, fine wines and home-cooked food in comfortable surroundings.
Well on with the show ;)

Well thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed :)

Very nicely done mate, excellent processing as ever.

The boarder is working well too ;)

Crackin set dude!! Nice little place this is, seems to get better the higher you go... :)

Yea I agree bud, deceptively big place too ;)

Very nicely done mate, excellent processing as ever.

The boarder is working well too ;)

Thanks mate ;) Yea cheers with the help re: borders pal ;)

Cracking stuff as usual, looks like you mad a great day out of it! :)

Cheers bud! Yea thankfully we got a nice set out of it, having failed in my return to LM :(

good one!, its an odd one this with its ladder kitchen and stuff

Yea very strange layout, but I really enjoyed it, something a little different ;)

Nicely done matey! Love the processing on the first few.

Thanks mate ;) just thought it quite suited the shots, I love the warmth on the '2 vat' shot ;)

Latest posts

Back