Mobile device optimisation.

Help Support Derelict Places:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, me again. You bored of me yet?

So, Having looked at the stats for people visiting the forum it's come to my attention that half of all views here are now made on smartphones or tablets, and up until now the site has looked pretty terrible on them.

I've been tinkering today, and hopefully the site should now look massively better on mobile devices. Adverts and images scale properly, and you shouldn't have to scroll sideways to view anything, or zoom in to read things (assuming you're viewing in landscape mode).

As part of this I have moved the user info on posts from the left hand side to the top of the posts. It's a big change if you're not used to it (I'm not personally) but I believe it's how most other forums have it, so it shouldn't be too bad for most of you.

I hope this is a positive change for you all, and I will continue tinkering over the next couple of days to polish it off.

Cheers,

Ben.

Last edited:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm... who's been a busy boy then!!!

No rest for the wicked as they say.

Honestly I had no idea mobile browsing had got that big, I'd always assumed it was more like 10% not 50%, so gotta move with the times and all that. The site did look pretty terrible before and it should be much much better now. Plus I've made a few changes that I think look better on desktop too.

mockingbird

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
You have no idea Krela how often I use my mobile when out to see what people have put, especially at work ;) as you say move with the times and all, anymore changes coming?

MrDan

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I check the site on my PC a couple of times a week. Though I must check do 3 sessions each day on my mobile!
I also thanked a wrong post earlier but this is looking much better already!
Cheers.

Catmandoo

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Top banana Benj! I'm one of those that contribute to the 50%...... Either or, looks good both ways.... Change is always good though.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
I have adjusted the styles so that posts should be a bit more distinct from one another, which will hopefully help with the thanking the wrong post issue.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made a bazillion further design & layouts edits today which have significantly tidied and simplified the layout and how things look, particularly towards the bottom of pages. It has also removed some functionality which I'm pretty sure was barely if ever used. It should be much cleaner now. :)

And that's it for the changes, I'm definitely done for a while!

Latest posts