Monastery Muscles (BE)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
I recently found out that this monastery was home to “The Order of Saint Bernard’s” which cracked me up imagining loads of those Dulux dogs dressed in monks habits. No? Just me? OK then on with the report:

History:
During the 1840’s anticlericalism persisted in France and this group of nuns foresaw the possibility of trouble with the authorities. This led them to found ‘refuge’ communities, this was the first one just over the border in Belgium and was completed in 1883. Like most second albums are always a bit of a let down, the next refuge to be completed was in Slough.

The explore:
I generally explore buildings top down, so naturally started in the attic spaces which were silent and dark, with just the first hint of the day starting to shine in.

Next up, the chapel. Half expecting to get busted at any moment, I thought I’d get the money shots in early. Weirdly the chapel seemed way more derelict than the rest of the building and was a bit of a let down.

We’d seen on a Youtube video there was a bar in the basement, so this was the next natural stop:

Cheers for looking:

This post shows the exact photos from his post in November 19th 2019.https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/monastery-muscles-belgium.37372/

Last edited:
This post shows the exact photos from his post in November 19th 2019.https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/monastery-muscles-belgium.37372/
Oh Balls! You're more on it than me! I looked to see where my last report was and thought it was the one before this lol!

@UrbanX great to see you are still around bring us your awesome reports, that really lived up to being derelict, odd to see a bar in such a place

Cheers mate! Looks like I've cocked right up on my first post back with a repeat report! Lol, I mistook where I last posted up until. Feel free to delete this as it is a repeat!

Cheers mate! Looks like I've cocked right up on my first post back with a repeat report! Lol, I mistook where I last posted up until. Feel free to delete this as it is a repeat!
I thought you were still a mod from what it says on your info

How I found that this was a repeat I scrolled down and a thread appeared in the "Similar Threads" section and I thought that this post was an update. Just tell the Moderators to delete the November 19th 2019 entry and keep this one.

Latest posts

Back