Morcott Tunnel

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losttom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited her a couple of times recently, once with Littlelaura and again with Diehardlove, and Burb147.

The tunnel opened in 1851 and was a double track line for London and north Westerns Rugby to Luffenham route. The tunnels 448 yards long and unusually has no refuges. The line was singled in 1907 and was closed in 1966.

IMG_3383.jpg

This tunnel has the most calcification i have seen in a tunnel

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

Some different colours as well
IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

This old can was covered in calcium- i was stuck fast like a stone

IMG_3344.jpg

Littlelaura- walking through what looked like snow!!!

IMG_3323.jpg

And finally, Diehardloves hand and torch after falling over at the wet end of the tunnel:lol::lol:

IMG_3397.jpg

Nice one Tom, that really does remind me of Withcall! Calcification is really weird and definetly lends an Alien feel to a Railway Tunnel!:)

would love to add some of my pics but they all came out rubbish lol need to learn more about my camera but was good night.

would love to add some of my pics but they all came out rubbish lol need to learn more about my camera but was good night.

i did try to teach you but you was too busy shaking your torch around to try and get a pic than listen

Back