My Chernobyl Documentary & Photos

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musty

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new here, so hopefully this will make a great first contribution to the forums.

Here is my little documentary about Chernobyl. I went there for a couple of days last October and came back with several hours of footage. Shot in HD on DSLR's, narrated, music, pretty much everything done by myself with no budget whatsoever! The highlight of my trip was the basement of hospital 126, just the most contaminated place in Pripyat and definitely the most creepy. it was pitch black down there and rivaled a scene from Silent Hill. The basement scene is towards the end of the documentary.

Watch in 1080p full screen and turn up the volume!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfulqRdDbsg[/ame]

Some photographs from the trip

IMG_7001.jpg

IMG_7034.JPG

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7413.JPG

IMG_7461.jpg

IMG_7855.JPG

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_8030.JPG

IMG_8042.JPG

IMG_8119.JPG

IMG_8222.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8263.JPG

IMG_7705.jpg

Thanks for watching and looking!

Beats most of the high budget documentaries that I've seen!
Absolutely stunning piece. Can't wait for the DVD ;)

This is simply amazing. Some of the best images I've ever seen from here. Beautifully composed, shot and processed. Hooking the laptop up to the TV now for what I am certain will be a very entertaining and fascinating 'movie'.

Every image tells the tragedy of this place - the arrogance of the official response, and the human cost. The inevitable end to politically driven decision making and value engineering.

WOW! Those photographs are stunning! I too am connecting the laptop to the TV to watch the documentary... I've been looking forward to it since reading your introduction! :)

Cheers for posting these up :)

very very very good :D

Just goes to prove that quality rather than quantity is the best way to document the history and legacy of Chernobyl and Pripyat.

Thanks all!

I'm in north west London :)

As I say again, damn fine work that. I'm a bit obsessed with Chernobyl and Prypyat like another fine fellow who moderates on this forum!

I thought I may have known you, but I dont... :smile:

As I say again, damn fine work that. I'm a bit obsessed with Chernobyl and Prypyat like another fine fellow who moderates on this forum!

I thought I may have known you, but I dont... :smile:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed about it too and have been for about 4 years now. I almost went back this year, but a friend persuaded me to go to America instead in October, so to compensate, we're going to explore the Nevada desert a bit with a stop at Area 51 and the nearest town, Rachel. It's pretty abandoned so that will be very interesting.

Latest posts

Back