National shire horse centre

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plazzyman

Reaction score
Well, what better way to spend an early sunday morning than wander around a derelict leisure site lol, closed in 2000 its well overgrown now but a really good explore .Went with a mate, cheers gaz ,lots of buildings and barns hardly chavved at all and quite interesting ,see what you thin
shirehorsecentre001.jpg
k .
shirehorsecentre002.jpg
shirehorsecentre003.jpg
shirehorsecentre004.jpg
shirehorsecentre005.jpg
shirehorsecentre006.jpg
shirehorsecentre007.jpg
shirehorsecentre008.jpg
shirehorsecentre009.jpg
shirehorsecentre010.jpg
shirehorsecentre011.jpg
shirehorsecentre012.jpg
shirehorsecentre014.jpg
.photobucket.com/albums/tt41/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre013.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre015.jpg
shirehorsecentre018.png
/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre016.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre017.jpg
shirehorsecentre019.jpg
shirehorsecentre020.jpg
shirehorsecentre021.jpg
shirehorsecentre023.jpg
.photobucket.com/albums/tt41/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre022.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre026.png
/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre024.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre025.png
shirehorsecentre027.jpg
shirehorsecentre028.jpg
shirehorsecentre029.jpg
shirehorsecentre030.jpg
shirehorsecentre032.jpg
.photobucket.com/albums/tt41/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre031.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre033.jpg
shirehorsecentre039.png
/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre040.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre038.jpg
shirehorsecentre037.jpg
shirehorsecentre036.jpg
shirehorsecentre035.jpg
shirehorsecentre034.jpg
shirehorsecentre041.jpg
shirehorsecentre042.jpg
shirehorsecentre043.jpg
shirehorsecentre046.jpg
.photobucket.com/albums/tt41
shirehorsecentre047.jpg
/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre045.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre048.jpg
shirehorsecentre049.jpg
shirehorsecentre050.jpg
shirehorsecentre051.jpg
shirehorsecentre052.jpg
shirehorsecentre054.jpg
shirehorsecentre061.jpg
shirehorsecentre060.jpg
shirehorsecentre059.jpg
shirehorsecentre058.jpg
shirehorsecentre057.jpg
shirehorsecentre056.jpg
shirehorsecentre055.jpg
shirehorsecentre062.jpg
shirehorsecentre064.png
/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre063.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre065.jpg
shirehorsecentre067.jpg
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt41/plazzyman/shirehorsecentre066.jpg[/IMG]
shirehorsecentre068.jpg
shirehorsecentre068.jpg
shirehorsecentre070.jpg
shirehorsecentre044.jpg

The trouble with the word shire is that I always either read it or write it as "shite".

This, however, isn't shite. Nice to see something different and JUNGLEMANIA just looks like so much fun!

Interesting place but makes you wonder how long befor some little scrote comes along with a lighter, the bails look a bit too inviteing. Wonder how many shire horse centres that are as there is one not so far from me. Good explore that.:)

good thread, some of the pics look identical to the ones we took about a week ago :)

did you get any trouble off of the pikeys in their caravans?

i wanted to go back sometime to get a more in depth look.

i was shitting it the whole time because the pikeys there are quite crazy so i've been told.

That's so sad - we used to go to the Shire Horse Centre every year as kids. Couldn't give a monkeys about the big horses with fluffy feet but I loved that death slide! Was it too rotten to climb inside? Thanks for sharing your pictures!

I'm definitely going to have a little mooch around this one - anyone wanna join me?

That's so sad - we used to go to the Shire Horse Centre every year as kids. Couldn't give a monkeys about the big horses with fluffy feet but I loved that death slide! Was it too rotten to climb inside? Thanks for sharing your pictures!

I'm definitely going to have a little mooch around this one - anyone wanna join me?

Ill jion you for a mooch if you are going!! I wonder if i ever served you an ice cream...hope you dont like rum and raison!!!

I worked there as a summer job for 3 years 87, 88, 89...lots of good memories!!

Update !

If your going to go do it soon, there are plans to build housing on the site in the near future .
My recommendation is an early morning explore ,pikeys dont get up early !,the curtains were still drawn up till 9 lol :lol:

Ill jion you for a mooch if you are going!! I wonder if i ever served you an ice cream...hope you dont like rum and raison!!!

I worked there as a summer job for 3 years 87, 88, 89...lots of good memories!!

Oh god you probably did - though I hate rum and raison so probably safe. I don't want to know...! Will PM you when we're thinking of going, would be good to have an 'insider' along too!

Ah, you got the lime kiln...good man! :mrgreen:
I'd read back along that there was an old lime quarry nearby. I didn't realise there was a kiln there too.
Love the buildings and the very overgrown outdoor stadium area. :)

will have to take a trip to have a look myself one day :D

Anyone thought about Kitley Caves in the very close area to the Shire Horse Centre? think it closed a few years ago. would be a good one to visit i think

heres an old bumper sticker which used to available from Shire Horse Centre

shirehorse_car_sticker.jpg

I know the old quarry thats nearby. I grew up in Yealmpton and all these places were my playground!

Id be more than happy to show people my old haunts...I know of a few tucked away places, theres a less well known cave system in the woods not far from Kitley Caves but you have to climb up 80 foot to get to it. I took my mate and his two boys there last year. It was very spooky for me as i found my name that id written on the cave wall over 20 years ago!

Elliots Quarry is an interesting site..old buildings and rotting transit vans in the undergrowth..been a pikeys dumping ground last few years so a bit dodgy.

Theres also an old ww2 military base/hospital in some woods just north of the village.

If anyone is interested in seeing these places then let me know.

Andy

Oh god you probably did - though I hate rum and raison so probably safe. I don't want to know...! Will PM you when we're thinking of going, would be good to have an 'insider' along too!

No i guess you dont want to know!! Id be more than happy come along. Its funny looking at the pics especially the parade ground as i can still see/hear Tony Flower announcing the "parade of horses in the main area"
God we used to litter sweep that place and shovell horse dung then go and serve icecreams!!

Andy

enjoyed the pics,especially the red phone box which would be an ideal place to put my superman costume on before i jump int that soft play area and let myself go.lol:lol:

How annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was gunna use this place as my first picture post! :cry:

Did you have any problems with the people living there?, because when i went a couple of years back the house was still occupied so i couldnt get to close so only explore the wooden structures.

Have you been there recently Matt Uk? We're planning a trip but don't fancy angry pikies, bricks through car windows and occupied houses! :neutral:

Or am I totally out of date and the plans to build housing on the site have gone ahead?!?! :confused:

Latest posts

Back