National shire horse centre

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no chap, the only time ive been was about 18months ago, i wouldnt mind going back and getting a proper look. it well secure as far as car ascess so pikey's shouldnt be a problem, i think if you check on a map that a public footpath runs through, they dont like people using it but if its marked on the map they can do anything about it.

That's so sad - we used to go to the Shire Horse Centre every year as kids. Couldn't give a monkeys about the big horses with fluffy feet but I loved that death slide! Was it too rotten to climb inside? Thanks for sharing your pictures!

I'm definitely going to have a little mooch around this one - anyone wanna join me?

count me in if you go for another mooch.

i have a pile of pictures somewhere from my visit there as a kid and i was addicted to the free fall slide, it was the time of shell suites and remember the friction burning holes in them lol

let me know if you decide to go

im going to devon in a weeks time (3rd - 10th oct) if anyone up for going visit let me know im a photographer too so will take plenty plenty more pics

sounds kinda gay but this place will always hold a special place in my heart ive vistited 3 times now and it still excites me

i hear ya there i went when i was a kid and i didnt actually know it was shut down till a couple of years ago but since i was a kid i always had that slide in my head and always wanted to visit it again and was totally gutted when i see it was closed and when i saw the pictures of the slide now it was sad :(

yeah its quite sad as you walk around it seeing it in that state think its even worst now that south west war games are using the site as well

well if me and timmy are going you can come along as well if ur about? we havent decided on any days but will messege you a day if were going

OMG!!! I can't believe this place! I used to go here while on holidays as a kid, and absolutely loved it!!! I didn't realise it had closed. :( :(

Great pics though, did you have a play on all the indoor things?

Hi everyone, is this place still there would love to have a look , anyone have the address

Yup, it's still there. I live just down the road so regularly go and play on the junglemania!! Haha! Just watch out for the pikies.

Addy is ational Shire Horse Centre, Yealmpton, Devon.

PinkMini

if you google national shire horse centre it still comes up with the full address and postcode. im only in devon now till saturday but will be down again and defo up for a meet and explore if im not too late

drove up to the place the other day and could see some caravans in there. is the site abandonned or are there pikeys living there?

Don't think there are pikeys there. Possible the caravans are the remainders of the film crews that used the site for an upcoming film. We found no Gypsies when we went there. two caravans, on tourer, one static. both all shut up and curtains closed even mid afternoon. Place is all padlocked up.

Back