National shire horse centre

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still owned the people who used to run the centre i think

this place is such a cool explore, wait there a minute i have a great idea why dont they re-open as the first urbex theme park, just leave as is and charge a few quid to be allowed to crawl under a bush or similar to gain access, everyone would be happy then:) anyway here is a few pics

ornatedoor.jpg

no1-2.jpg

shiretree.jpg

bridge-1.jpg

garfield.jpg

slidejust.jpg

arena bench
arenabench.jpg

parkdropslide.jpg

dropslide polishing ladder
dropslidepolishingladder.jpg

looking up the drop slide
dropslidelookingup.jpg

coming down the drop slide
dropslide.jpg

maze.jpg

clowns.jpg

tunnelfun.jpg

skeletons.jpg

badoosh not able to help himself
kidsdropslide.jpg

Last edited:
Got to be done really!

When we first opened the door on 'Jungle mania' our whole group just ran to have a play on everything! like little kids, lol. Drop slide was good to go on too

the more i go here, the more sorry for this place i get, you look around and see some very unique features then you see the sale brochures for this venue when in its hay-day and then you realise how special this location is, this place made alot of people happy , myself included and now its going to finish up as a housing estate, damn what a shame, does anyone know what happen the "king" the tallest living horse at 19.2 hands high.

Nice shots mate, just went there on thursday. There is some "caravan" people on site now, and the massive barn with the hay in it you have pics of has 3 caravans and a Landy Discovery in it. The walls also have lots of Pheasants hung to them - NICE

IVe got a few pics too, shall i add them on here or start my own ???? I felt very down about the whole place. Think i was having an off day, but when i went years ago i thought it was rubbish, and got exactly the same feeling about it now its been closed down for 10 years haha, maybe i dont do farm dereliction i dont know

Hi guys,
Went to check this place out as had fond memories too. Was surprised to see it was still here, a lot worse for ware though. I went to check it out the night before going with my son, glad I did. Bearing in mind the place has been derelict over 20Yrs was rather freaked out as 3 shires came out the shadows as I approached, quickly I made my my up to the buildings. As I approached the big barn music that sounded like the music from the ride played from another area. That was the last straw, freaked out I left.
Went back following day with my son and saw 3 Clydesdale's (Not ghost shires :ROFLMAO: ), as walking round could see some cameras possibly original but then spotted some that seem more modern. I think they are linked into a current system as the music started playing again. Even in the daylight it freaked us out as there are signs of people or security personnel at the main house. Would love to go again and explore closer to the buildings.

Back