Needles Old Battery, Sea Level Fort - Isle of Wight - July 08

Help Support Derelict Places:

Black Shuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I kied the Generator especially and it looked like you had a right job trying to gt to the battery. Somewhere on the IOW was a test facility for Rockets. I can remember seeing a Documentary about it a while back. Do you know anything about it?

Urban Mole

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I kied the Generator especially and it looked like you had a right job trying to gt to the battery. Somewhere on the IOW was a test facility for Rockets. I can remember seeing a Documentary about it a while back. Do you know anything about it?

Black Shuck, click my signature below for other Island explores, youll find the rocket testing site in the list :mrgreen:

LittleMadam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Glad these pictures have been re-dredged up. I have aenjoyed them again, and totally love the clear water pic. A truely amazing explore.

LM xxx

Urban Mole

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just had some pics sent to me, of me, which is rare, as Im usually the one doing the photography :mrgreen:

P1010985a.jpg

Inspecting the searchlight position.

P1010983a.jpg

In one of the tunnels with a mate.

P1010994a.jpg

Caught red handed, photographing the reservior.

P1011000a.jpg

Having a rest in one of the crevices in the chalkface.

:p

mazuk

Reaction score
Very nice :) i like how it was a real mission to make it there almost reminded me of the Guns of Navarone lol but on a smaller scale.

night crawler

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder any one will remember the post. Funny thing is I have off the needlles and never knew about the battery avove let alone those emplacements lower down

Latest posts