Negativity... some new guidelines.

Help Support Derelict Places:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello, me again...

Over the past few months there has been an air of negativity hanging over the forum (and around the wider community in general) which has become increasingly oppressive and I feel it is getting out of hand, it's even annoying me and I'm generally pretty pragmatic about these things. Increasingly I think external "scene" politics have been encroaching onto Derelict Places and that's not what this site is about. So with this in mind I'm putting into place a couple of new policies aimed at addressing these issues and getting back to the welcoming and positive place we all like the forum to be;

So...

1) Please keep it positive, or at the very least keep it constructive. Wholly negative posts of any kind don't really add anything, and create an oppressive and detrimental atmosphere for everyone else.

2) Please try and stay away from urbex politics, which means not posting about who sold what out to the media, what should/shouldn't be kept secret, who trashed what etc. All of these discussions have been done to death and there's simply no way for everyone to agree, and in many cases it's just not relevant to anyone who might be reading. The same goes for normal politics really. We all have an opinion on the NHS, the Church etc, and if we all voiced them the site would grind to a halt. That's not what we're all here for, we're here for the dereliction and peely paint.

3) No acting like the urbex police. No-one has the right to tell someone else what to do, and if you don't agree with something someone has done then take it up with them directly and in private..

Whilst I am not going to call these "rules" or add them to the official rules, posts that seem overly negative are liable to be removed by mods. Also the mods can only moderate the forums. If you feel you're being harrassed or bullied via PM, you can report it by following the instructions in [ame="http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=28140"]this thread[/ame].

Let's stick to being the upbeat, supportive and happy community we're known for. :)

Happy and safe exploring to you all!

Ben.

tumble112

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Very fair points, I for one will keep it positive from now on, I bear no grudges or ill will to any explorers, all I need to do now is find some decent locations.:)

mrtoby

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Finally someone putting it all in into perspective. I might start posting again now. Hi 5s all round, good stuff.

Ninja Kitten

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
so ..no talking about muppets selling out and urbex policing.... ;) sounds good to me.

sYnc_below

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Probably a good idea...forum politics is one of the main reasons I don't post much anymore.

I'd rather be out there 'doing it' with my crew...posting pix is secondary and unimportant. Anybody who has it the other way round needs to look in the mirror and question themselves ;)

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Ironic that you should agree with it then in the same post come up with an urbex rule yourself... ;)

Should do this, shouldn't do that? Hmm. Each to their own I say. :)

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha I do get what you're saying, I suspect you're referring to people on ego trips, but there's nothing wrong with posting to document history IMO. And yeah, more doing and less defining/arguing is definitely the way to go.

Latest posts