Nestle / Ski Cuddington April 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ermi1977

Reaction score
The Nestle chilled liquid foods processing plant at Cuddington in Cheshire was purchased from Northern Foods along with the well known Ski yoghurt and Munch Bunch brands, for £145m in February 2002.

The site was managed by Elyo Industrial Limited an industrial utilities manager, which handles five other sites for Nestle in the UK. Elyo’s responsibilities included 24 hour service support and critical asset maintenance; including steam raising plant, compressed air raising plant, refrigeration and the waste water treatment.

Production of Ski and Munch Bunch yoghurts shifted to Continental Europe in 2008 as producing them in Cuddington, Cheshire, was no longer viable, according to bosses at Lactalis-Nestlé UK & Ireland. Before closing, the Cuddington factory employed 101 staff for making multi-pack stirred yoghurts including Ski, Munch Bunch and own-label products for retailers.

The site was built in 1949 and was adapted for yoghurt production in 1968.

easterday348.jpg

easterday075.jpg

easterday010.jpg

easterday045.jpg

easterday061.jpg

easterday089.jpg

easterday093.jpg

easterday121.jpg

easterday094.jpg

easterday007.jpg

easterday197.jpg

easterday266.jpg

easterday319.jpg

easterday343.jpg

easterday344.jpg

easterday207.jpg

easterday254.jpg

Cheers for looking.

It's always good to read a bit of info/history of a site where's it's possible.

Good pics, especially like the long goodbye one.

I had a stereo like that but not the headphones. It was good for taping songs from the chart show on radio one (early 80's) anyhoo I digress. Great report and pics Ermi

dodgy lookin chemicals with toxic warning signs on them put in yoghurts WTF??!!! i been feeding my kids on them you bar stewards!

Excellent report and some great pics. :)

I could spend all day in there.

Thanks for posting.

Fantastic site and pictures :mrgreen:

Bet that was a very interesting explore and not too pikeyed by the look of it!

Got anymore pictures?

No sign of Pikeys abuse at all, the site is reasonably secured and all the machinery has been moved out to other sites.

Ended up spending about 4 hours there.

Latest posts

Back