New & looking to explore

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry missed that bit but it looks like someone has done you job for you most people have to look for themselves. You might want to say which Newcastle you are from there are quite a few in the UK and not the obvious one mentioned.

Sorry missed that bit but it looks like someone has done you job for you most people have to look for themselves. You might want to say which Newcastle you are from there are quite a few in the UK and not the obvious one mentioned.
I posted the map and thought to myself "there's more than one Newcastle", oh well, I can only presume that it's the one where you're greeted with a "Way aye man!"

Ive been looking for the past week. Alot of write ups and reports are old, dating back to 2015-2018. Cant really find much. Google doesnt really help either as its not really updated, as most sites have been knocked down or replaced with something else. I just want to make sure before making the drive to the place, its actually still there. Waste of diesel if i turn up and its gone. I can travel in the northumberland area and north east, not much further, but struggling to find any decent places atm...

Tbh if you don't want any failed journeys and wasted fuel this is not the right hobby for you sir.
I'm sure every experienced umbexer will back me up saying they have tales of early morning starts with long drives to a sure fire explore to find its been sealed or has secca sat there that wasn't there the day before...... I've been to places that were good explores a few weeks before and been a pile of rubble when I got there..... Its all about timing and luck I'm afraid so expect a lot of fails.

Search for places on here as you have then Google Google Google, try the at risk register, local news reports, Google maps blah blah blah.... Its what we all do for hours on end to find places.

I've waited years for the right time to get into a place, a certain courts in yakshire eluded me for many years.... But with perseverance and timing I got there eventually.

Good luck

Ive been looking for the past week. Alot of write ups and reports are old, dating back to 2015-2018. Cant really find much. Google doesnt really help either as its not really updated, as most sites have been knocked down or replaced with something else. I just want to make sure before making the drive to the place, its actually still there. Waste of diesel if i turn up and its gone. I can travel in the northumberland area and north east, not much further, but struggling to find any decent places atm...
Best advice is to find a few possible sites in the same area, eg. Weardale or Durham or wherever, then take a little road trip driving around them all. Usually helps to have a Plan B and C just in case Plan A isn't doable.

Latest posts

Back