New member based in North of Scotland lookinf for some recccomendations

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slomozion

Reaction score
Hi guys im based up in inverness in scotland and am looking for some reccomendations for places to check out.

Preferably military, hospitals, industrial but open to any info.

Any other members up this way?

Cheers

Zimbob and Bryag were both active a few years ago and based in Inverness - would potentially be worth looking at their threads although I know a few sites may have disappeared since then. For example Craig Dunain Hospital (possibly converted by now?), Rosehall House (haven't seen any reports for a while), various distilleries (brought back into use). However there are a few others that I know are still doable, worth looking in the Invergordon direction…

There's plenty to see around the Highland capital. What about the redundant RAF bases? The rail line to Dornoch. Lots of castles around Loch Ness (Nessie is on vacation). Viewhill House in Inverness. Stronvar House near Loch Voil. Bungalow in Ardvasar, Isle of Skye. Derelict house near Weydale, Thurso. RAF Lossemouth. RAF Alness. Is that enough?

There's been refurb work ongoing at Stronvar House for the past year or two so that's prob not worth the long drive. Lossie and Kinloss are still active bases but there are some WW2 bits and pieces along the coast ...

Hi guys im based up in inverness in scotland and am looking for some reccomendations for places to check out.

Preferably military, hospitals, industrial but open to any info.

Any other members up this way?

Cheers
Hi mate im in Foress, were heading up North to Skye on Sunday if you fancy coming along? 🙂

There's plenty to see around the Highland capital. What about the redundant RAF bases? ... RAF Lossemouth. ...
Lossiemouth is still very much active, not a hope of getting on there. North and south Sutors would be worth a nose around.

Are the wild boars still grazing loose at the Sutors? Can't remember if it was North or South?

South, they were still there a couple of years ago.
Yup, that's right. Just had a look back through my photos from a day out with Zimbob and Bryag, and I can see a couple of them rooting around in the distance (the boars, not Zimbob and Bryag…) ;)

Latest posts

Back