Newport Art College

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah would love to but was only taught how to do it today and there are so many that are my fav's I wouldnt know which ones to put there. :lol:

Very cool Photo's, have you had a look at what day we will do it again next week?

Paul

Thanks Sheep2405. I'll talk to Norman and PM you about
next week, be good to get over early in the day so we
can see what else Newport has to offer?

b :)

yeah that be cool your welcome to come over as early as you like, thursday would be a good day for me, viks in work all day so she'll have the car so i can show you quite a few good places. After what norman said last night about being able to work when he wants i think it should be ok for him too! pm me or give me a ring on my mobile not sure if you have it, if you dont pm me for it! Catch you soon
Paul

Nice pics Guys! Place looks great, really nice, though I'm slighly freaked out by the homeless guy! LOL!!! For a second I thought that was Sheep, not having met you, LOL!! Apologies! Did he insist on touring you around? Was he living there? In which case I guess it'd be rude to turn down a tour of the guys house? Ha!

Really like that B&W frontage pic Bish, very cool!

JD

Yes that guy is a bit scary. I thought for a minute is was the Maharishi that the beatles used to hang about with. Who knows, maybe it is?

Nice pics Guys! Place looks great, really nice, though I'm slighly freaked out by the homeless guy! LOL!!! For a second I thought that was Sheep, not having met you, LOL!! Apologies! Did he insist on touring you around? Was he living there? In which case I guess it'd be rude to turn down a tour of the guys house? Ha!

Really like that B&W frontage pic Bish, very cool!

JD

Nah that guy was really cool, he does live there but after looking at the building again he hid parts away from us so on the next expo will have a better look and try and map the building out. Lol. Not got long hair used to have.lol.Im the chubby one.lol. He did say that we are welcome there anytime so next week will be a long look around. Do you think you will come Jondoe?

The old chap who showed us around was cool, he didn't say
a lot and was very softy spoken but he had real affection
for this grand old building and knew it well. I'm not sure if
he is homeless though?

We thanked him when we left for showing us around and for
helping us get through the flooded cellar without anyone
getting wet, cellar has at least two foot of some of the
nastiest green shitty water I've ever seen. I offered the
old dude a few quid to get himself a pint or so he could
grab a few tinnies on the way home, he turned me down
and said he was cool which surprised me.

Yeah he looks like an unmade bed and thinking about it he
reminds me of Charles Manson (but without the swastika
and the demented glare), I shouldn't take the piss really
he was alright.

Ah! Just remembered him showing us the room with all the
needles in the cardboard box, he rolled up his sleeves and
showed me his arms to show he wasn't using. He did say
that one of the spoons was his though, he leant it to
some junkie and for obvious reasons didn't really want it
back. Maybe he does live there then?

I'll take some him some biscuits next time I go.

B ;)

yeah he was pretty cool, in his bags were a jar of coffee and a mug, so maybe the spoon was for that, he seemed scruffy but didnt have the same aspects of the usual junkie. Taking him some little bits like biscuits sounds a good idea. Never had a guided tour like that before but I still think he was hiding certain parts of the building from us, which maybe if he is not there next time might be a bit better for us. Would like to get in the Dome this time though but are going to have to be really carefull of the attic because the floor looked really dodge.

Hey all, just had an update with the college. The land adjacent has now been sold and will be used as a carpark for the college to be used as flats. So come and get your photo's soon before the Yuppies move in.

Off to the library tommorrow to have a looksee if they have the plans of the building and will try and take photo's of them and then get them posted here.

The art college was in the Newspaper last night.

Basically the owners have now been given a certain amount of time to refurbish and renovate or they will put in place a compulsory purchase order do the work themselves and bill the company that owns it.

Back