Old food labels and packets

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99.jpg

vb29.jpg

vb28.jpg

Cartridges for ejecting an HB No.2 whatever that is - possibly something to do with an ejector seat? or for firing pencils? Did you open the cans? Were they at an RAF camp? Maybe some of our ex RAF members can be more helpful :confused:

I'd agree with that, ejector cartridges. Could be ejector seat firing, but im not sure the term ejector would be used there, as the actual ejection is by staged rocket motors, the cartridge would be an electrically primed initiator. 'HB', hmm, doesnt ring a bell.

Im assuming these tins are empty? Can you post the full written details of the label? If you can i will cross post them to the IAA and see if one of the experts there can shed any light

Im inclinded to consider they might have been for ejecting countermeasures/flares etc.

Yummy!

Here is a packet that I found on one of the top floor corridors at Denbigh last year. Everyone I was with thought I was mad to photograph it, so i'm glad i'm not the only one who appreciates things like this!

DSCF3623.jpg

As a keen collector of old tins, I LOVE this thread!
The "garage" tins on the 1st page are gorgeous.. so are the enamel signs.
Thanks to all who put these pics up

(I haven't put pics of my tins up as they're bought from shops/ebay etc, so not really derelict-related)

Nice

some good pictures on here this may sound a little sad but i collect old cans some good ones on here tennent cans can be worth a fair few pounds.

One of my mates was stripping out an old caravan that had been stood for years and found dozens of jars of various pickles stowed away in the cupboards, these were just a handful of them!

IMG_7646.jpg

Found a jar of pickled onions at the back of the cupboard with the use by date out 6 years previous they were the best pickles I've ever had.The reason for pickling is to preserve food so go. on I dare you, try one of they onions:)

Any ideas...

5dd935da.jpg

Looks like it could be flash powder for photography.

It's always shipped seperate and mixed only when needed. 1 tin is full of either magnesium or aluminium powder and the other of an oxidiser like Potassium Perchlorate.

It could also be flash composition from a theater as part of the special effects. Hope this helps :)

gateway_bag.jpg

I had a student job at a branch of Gateway, before it became Somerfield etc. It was similar to Kwiksave, but with less cardboard chucked on the floor.

phone_cover_and_cheque_book.jpg

I've got a B&H packet somewhere with none of that nanny state health warning rubbish on it. I'll take a picture of that when I find it again.

Latest posts

Back