Old Post Office, Norwich.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Popped up to Naaaaridge (Norwich) at the weekend and whilst walking from the Station to the City Centre, saw this baby..............

DSCN8280.png

DSCN8281.png

DSCN8282.png

DSCN8283.png

DSCN8284.png

DSCN8298.png

DSCN8285.png

DSCN8286.png

DSCN8287.png

DSCN8288.png

DSCN8289.png

DSCN8290.png

DSCN8291.png

DSCN8292.png

DSCN8293.png

DSCN8294.png

Going by the sign, looks like it's going to be demolished. Hopefully I'm wrong, as it's a fine building and could surely be re-used? :mad:
The building goes back one heck of a long way, and it looks like parts of the rear are still occupied with Offices or something.
Couldn't find a scrap of History on Google, but found this old pic, dated 1901
http://www.francisfrith.com/search/england/norfolk/norwich/photos/norwich_46672.htm

Lb:cool:

Hi Lb
Seeing the signs advertising apartments, I was wondering if it referred to that building, so I checked out Hardwick House on google. There's an ad on this link for the apartments for sale. I could be wrong but it looks like the same building. I hope so, cause that's rather nice and would be such a shame if it was due for demolition.

http://www.primelocation.com/estate-agents/properties/a/bisa/uk/y/sr/s/nh/y/

Really like the twiddly bits on the pediment (Is that the right word for the triangular bit?).

Cheers for that
Foxy :)

Thanks for the extra info Foxy :)
Looking again at those signs, you could be right. Not sure why there's a demolition company sign on the fence. Perhaps they're doing some internal demo, and the outside will remain.

Lb

Coh well blast mi boy that there buldin in ye old Naarwich used to be the home of ITV Anglia productions - a fine specimen of architecure!
Love the weather girl Wendy Hurrell by the way:) - I digress
Brian

The Old Guildhall was used by Anglia as a studio, is it still owned by them?

When Jerry Springer was over here a few years back he rented some studio space in Norwich before finding out how far it was from where he was staying in the West End.....

Looks quite grand, those railings look a bit vicious though, I hope it is converted not demolished. well spoted LB one to keep an eye out for:)

Hey dude, long time no see!

i took a look at this place on friday, looked good and i can maybe see one way in but it was well blatent and in the middle of the day so i didnt go for it! what relly put me off is the buildign next door that is attached to it looks like it is full of stuff! is this still used??

Latest posts

Back