Oldham Athletic football club, boundary park 06/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bungle666

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
WELL, what can i say, another GREAT lead off peanuts member on northwestexploration)!! he told me about the impending demolition of the lookers stand a while back, so i decided to put the site under obs, after a little recce on monday afternoon, it was decided to hit it on tuesday night :thumb:

the access was suprisingly easy, and with NO effort we were walking around the lookers (new start mortgages) stand on boundary park :cool:

anyhow, PICS!!!

through the entry point and up the stairs into the stand
DSCF4079.jpg

chaddy end
DSCF4064.jpg

main stand
DSCF4066.jpg

rochdale road end
DSCF4067.jpg

the lookers, note the missing seats!! if you were a season ticket holder in the stand you could buy your seat as a momento!!
DSCF4072.jpg

lookers and rochdale road end
DSCF4069.jpg

lookers paddock, and an executive suite...
DSCF4077.jpg

chaddy end from the lookers paddock
DSCF4080.jpg

after these shots we decided to see what was open in the belly of the beast!! and we found a pie shop!! (but sadly no pies :mad: )
DSCF4075.jpg

and some signage
DSCF4074.jpg

DSCF4073.jpg

and finally an external "team shot" :thumb: :cool:
DSCF4082.jpg

B..

Ah The Latics. Ha! Great to see that. I used to live about three minutes walk from the ground. One time me and a friend took a neighbours dog for a walk, on the pitch! LOL! We got chased out by someone or other. I wouldn't be surprised if access had changed from then to now :) I only ever went there once to watch a match, with my Grandad, I'm not really a football person.

JD

According to the club security's being stepped up after thefts of cabling from the main stand area.

I love the irony of the sponsorship - 'Detect All Fire & Security Systems'. Clearly it did no good towards keeping you out. :)

Is that what they mean by stepping up secuirty?

Latest posts

Back