Outline Gym, Stockport

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the building was originally?
A well-designed building on a sloping site that had to take the road gradient into consideration. That it is adjacent to an urban road suggests warehousing of some sort. Or light industry. The large areas of flat roof would have had to be kept completely waterproof, from both rain and melting snow.

A well-designed building on a sloping site that had to take the road gradient into consideration. That it is adjacent to an urban road suggests warehousing of some sort. Or light industry. The large areas of flat roof would have had to be kept completely waterproof, from both rain and melting snow.
I remember I used to be able to park my car right outside on the higher side of it , old Ford cortina lol

Yeah I was thinking the same, the 1980s doesn’t feel that long ago but that’s 40 years , so 15 years seems nothing 😆. Nowadays there’s lots of photos of everything, in those days you only took your camera out on special occasions lol
If you even had a camera - then the long wait while you used up the spool and got the pictures developed 😊

I've just seen what you mean by "stockport village"! I thought that was the name of the area.

Yeah I was thinking the same, the 1980s doesn’t feel that long ago but that’s 40 years , so 15 years seems nothing 😆. Nowadays there’s lots of photos of everything, in those days you only took your camera out on special occasions lol
Not only just "special occasions", but usually only colour film for birthdays, etc, since a lot of 'record' photography was still in black & white. So much detail and information was lost because more expensive colour film was not used.

Not only just "special occasions", but usually only colour film for birthdays, etc, since a lot of 'record' photography was still in black & white. So much detail and information was lost because more expensive colour film was not used.

I know, I still consider the millennium a recent event in my life lol

So strange to see these pics, thanks for sharing. I worked here end of 80s, early 90s and taught aerobics in that old studio, haha. I loved this place but sadly after the owner sold the business and retired, it quickly went downhill and closed.
Funny to see the pictures again, thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back