Ouvrage de la fumée... ***IMAGE INTENSIVE*** (sort of)...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like you had a great time anyway smoke or not, and you are on the ground your investigation and you made the right call when in doubt stay out ta fer the pics,and helpful history.

just out of interest what would the expected price of one of these be? is it better to go to a diving / scuba shop or look online?

Crikey mate, I have no idea. We bought ours brand new because we were doing our tech diving training and they were all but mandatory. They crop up on Fleabay but of course the end price you buy one for depends upon the O2 sensing cell's age. If the cell is new or no more than a year old then you can effectively compare the price you wiill bid up to with the best retail price (try Dive Life, they're reasobale last time I bought from them) but if the cell is three years old or more you can expect to have to replace it at a cost of around £40 - £50 the last time I looked.

Hoipe that helps. :)

Glad to hear you go to the lengths of taking an O2 analyser on underground explores, a very wise precaution and probably further than most here would go. As 'serious' underground explorers you obviously consider safety foremost, and quite correctly. Thankfully most members probably do more surface explores.
Now, as a mere PADI Advanced Open Water dive, I will take a look at your Zenobia thread which I have just seen!

As 'serious' underground explorers you obviously consider safety foremost.

Now, as a mere PADI Advanced Open Water dive, I will take a look at your Zenobia thread which I have just seen!

Thanks. Actually, at 55 (this year) it's more about I can see an impending box and don't want to climb into it any sooner than I have to!

Hope you enjoy the Zen report, it was a cracking dive and one we won't forget in a hurry!

you could borrow Jonney's rubber suits - get some flippers and if someone bumped into the pair of you you'd look like an out take from league of gentlemen

alternatively you could follow the training the fire safety officer at an engineering firm in Sheffield once gave a friend of mine on placement: 'if tha sees or smells smoke get tha sen the f*ck awt'

Oh aye... tha's nowt wrong wi' that tha' nos!

Crackin' advice from one 'as follers th' gospel according t' t' Boycott... :p

Latest posts

Back