Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopeyouguessmyname

Reaction score
In the middle of the main shopping area of Budapest sits a grand old building containing Parisi Udvar, empty with the exception of a small office and a security guard's makeshift office.

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

On our Budapest jolly the Tin Dog and I decided to take a quick look at this empty Art Deco building dating back to 1913.

The arcade of Parisi Udvar (or Parisian Court) sits empty in the Brudern Haz building awaiting salvation, one of the entrances is left open weekdays 8am until 6pm for you wander in and a few people do simply that - so we did as you can and for once nobody minds, which is well as the security guards in Hungary are well known for stealth and prowess.

Looks familiar ? Parisi Udvar was used as a location for the film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - no big thing to be honest as if you do get to visit Budapest you will very quickly find that the city is one big film set, with all manner of low to big big budget TV and film productions going on.

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Untitled

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Parisi Udvar, Budapest

Untitled

Looks abit like the place they shot part of tinker tailor when prideaux gets shot

In case anyone is thinking of checking it out, these photos must date from a few years ago, as Parasi Udvar was a major construction site when I last visited Budapest (in 2019) and is now a luxury hotel! Great photos, though.

I have visited this and asked for permission to photograph the interior. They were happy to oblige. Drinks expensive for Budapest but not for GB Prices and a very pleasant place to have a drink after.

Latest posts

Back